Harry's Filters

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
TOG1

Harry's Filters

Post by TOG1 »

I used the plugins on my old computer with Photoshop CS without effort or problem.
I recently bought a new HP Media Center with an AMD 64 3400+ and 1GB PC3200 DDR ram.

Photoshop runs fine. When I try to access Harry's Filters I receive an error message that I just can't find my way around.

The error is FilterMister Run-Time Exception.
In the box is "Memory Address Violation".

Photoshop runs like it should otherwise. All the plugin that were packaged with Photoshop run fine.

I have tried every memory adjustment I can find, but I cannot locate the source of this error.

Any Ideas?

Thanks for any help you can give.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Does the error message occur only with a certain effect of Harry's Filters or with every effect that you select in Harry's Filters?

A few days ago I worked a lot with Harry's Filters 3 in Photoshop CS and didn't have any problem. But as you wrote yourself there is no problem on your other computer.

TOG
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Error message

Post by TOG »

HaraldHeim wrote:Does the error message occur only with a certain effect of Harry's Filters or with every effect that you select in Harry's Filters?

A few days ago I worked a lot with Harry's Filters 3 in Photoshop CS and didn't have any problem. But as you wrote yourself there is no problem on your other computer.
I receive the error just as soon as try to launch Harry's Filters, I do not even get a chance to choose a filter at all..

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry, at the moment I have no idea what could be causing this problem. maybe it has to do with the AMD processor of the amount of RAM. Maybe just something with Photoshop.

Hubbabub
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Hubbabub »

No problem with PSCS on my AMD Athlon64 3500+ with 1Gb RAM
(PC3200 DDR Dual channels).
Hubba hubba zoot zoot................ :)