Problems with plugincommander!

Comments and discussions about Plugin Commander
jan5443

Problems with plugincommander!

Post by jan5443 »

I have downloaded this version and installed it. When I go to usse it it will not load . It comes up and tells me it's loading the registary but then goes right down to the tool bar. I have used this before but my other computor crashed so I had to download everything all over again Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank
Jan R.
jan5443@msn.com

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please have a look at

http://thepluginsite.com/products/picopro/bugs.htm

for the solution.

Bel

Post by Bel »

I'm having the same problem and I'm getting "file not found" when trying to download the file to fix it. I'd try solution 2 but the plug in commander doesn't appear in my tool bar (it is running, though).

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for letting me know about the broken link. We recently swapped servers and that file wasn't uploaded to the new location. Please use the link above again and download the .reg file.

Post by Guest »

I works - thank you!

jki@canlaw.com

Harold Heim spam

Post by jki@canlaw.com »

How do you get Harold Heim to stop spamming me?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Is that question or a joke :-)?

jdiamond
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Lite version not launching FF Editor

Post by jdiamond »

Lite version not launching FF Editor
I purchased "The Photoshop Companion" CD and it has "Plugin Commander v1.52" I installed it and it will not launch FF Editor. The only thing that shows up is a 1/2" wide x 3/8" tall blue box (presumable part of the programs window) with the white letters 'Fi...' I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I downloaded the latest from the website and then loaded unloaded and reinstalled several times. It kept asking if the install should replace the Oleaut.dll file with an older one and several times I said no and then I treid it with yes. I eventually would like the Pro version but don't want to pay for somethisn that won't work.

Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I never heard of such a problem before. Sounds like Plugin Commander failed to open the background image of the FF Editor skin.

Please check if there is sub folder called interfac within the Plugin Commander folder. It should at least contain one .des and one .jpg file.

Then please check File > Preferences > Interface > Choose FF Editor Interface. Please select one of the options.

Finally, try to run the FF Editor again.

jdiamond
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

One problem fixed...

Post by jdiamond »

Your brilliant! Thanks

Everything was fine except the "Choose FF Editor Interface" was not chosen. That brought it up.

Now I have another problem.

Now my next hurdle is that I can't view any 8bf files It tells me it isn't a Factory Filter plugin and therefore can't be loaded into the editor. I thought it could view all 8bf files?

I placed a screen shot at
http://www.human-excellence.com/plugin_commander.htm

Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The commercial Pro Version lets you execute Photoshop plugins and not only Filter Factory ones.