Using Commander Lite PI to gather all previously loaded PI's

Comments and discussions about Plugin Commander
kundabungkid
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Using Commander Lite PI to gather all previously loaded PI's

Post by kundabungkid »

Hi folks, I am a new member to the site. My question is, over a period of years, I have purchased Plugins that I have downloaded to different versions of PS. Can I make all these PI's available to be used via Commander lite and or do I need to use Pro. if this is at all possible? Any assistance will be most appreciated. I have CS3 up to CS5, all with some individual PI's on each version. I am using windows Vista 64 bit but have separated 32 bit programs from 64 bit software. eg(86)*..
Many thanks, kk 8)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Using Commander Lite PI to gather all previously loaded

Post by HaraldHeim »

You need Plugin Commander Pro to run all Photoshop plugins and use them to process images. The Light version only supports Photoshop plugins of the FilterFactory-type. Plugin Commander Pro can only run 32-bit plugins, but also all other functions also work with 64-bit plugins.

kundabungkid
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by kundabungkid »

Like the idea behind Commander. Can you explain how in (Pro) I can use one of my plugins whilst in PS. Can Commander be accessed directly without leaving PS. (eg like a normal plugin. can I place a directory to commander in the Filters Folder?)
chow, kk

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Plugin Commander does not contain a plugin that runs it from Photoshop, lets it process the image and return the image to Photoshop. Plugin Commander is a standalone application, so you need to open and save images in Plugin Commander itself.