Plug in Commander

Comments and discussions about Plugin Commander
cattypaws

Plug in Commander

Post by cattypaws »

I simply cannot get the Pico Light Plug in Commander to work for me no matter what I do. I was doing a tutorial that called for the Filter factory G Filter and it said on the site that it might need the plug-in commander to work so I downloaded it and put it in my filter folder and when I click to convert Filter Factory G it says error code 53. I have all of the neccessary files that I need for it to work...I thought I did anyway.....HELP!
I have "Windows ME" if that matters....
Catty~

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I remember correctly such a problem can occur if you have the FLL files in the root folder of a drive. So moving the FFL files into a sub folder may cure the problem.

If that's no help, please give me detailed information about what your are doing. Some step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem would be a great help to solve it.

cattypaws

Location of file

Post by cattypaws »

I downloaded the Pico Light to "My Documents" Plug-in Folder....inside my Plug-in Folder I have another folder ( subfolder ) named Pico Light...the contents of the program is in there. I was doing a tutorial that called for the Filter Factory Filter G and it said that I might need the Plug in Commander in order to use it so that is why I downloaded it in the first place was to get this Filter Factory G to work. I also have the Filter Factory G in the Plug in Folder as well in it's own folder also. I keep them in my documents because I have always heard that you should not put a lot of filters in under your psp program...so I keep them all in "My Documents" in my "Plug in Folder"...all of my other filters I have in there work just fine.
"BOTH" the Filter Factory G and the Pico Light are in their own folders all by themselves ( subfolders) in my main Plug-in-folder. This is very confusing to use. I think I will just forget it if you cannot help me.
Thanks for any help whatsoever...
Catty~

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please move the FFL files outside the "My Documents" folder. It could be that Plugin Commander has problems accessing them there. Please let me know if that helped. I will see that I fix that problem in the next verison.

cattypaws

Where to?

Post by cattypaws »

Where should I move the Plug in commander to? You didn't say.
Is it suppose to go in a certain folder..I am aware that it needs it's own individual folder but is it required to be put in a certain place?
I have 2 drives...C and D....my document folder is on my C Drive.
Please tell me where to move it to?
Thanks,
Catty~

I think I got it right!

I moved it...

Post by I think I got it right! »

I think I have it right now...hopefully...I moved it to my plug-in folder under psp 7 then put my Filter Factory G there too and it seems to have worked for me. I need to find some good tut's on how to use this...surely you use it for more things than being able to use certain filters. I have downloaded many many filters that did not call for the Plug-in Commander so I need to find out what else it is good for too..lol..
Thanks,
Catty~

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Catty, I meant to only move the FFL files and not Plugin Commander ítself. It doesn't matter where you install Plugin Commnader.

Plugin Commander Light is only thought for FilterFactory plugins, while the Pro Version lets you run and preview all kinds of Photoshop plugins. Plugin Commander offers a lot of different features. Have a look at the html manual for more info.

Thanks

I appreciate it

Post by Thanks »

Thanks so much! I appreciate all of your help. The reason I put my Filter Factory G in my Documents under "Plug-Ins" is because that is my "Route" in psp for all of my other plug-ins as well but these Filter Factory Plug-ins must not work from there is all I can figure out. Anyway...hopefully it is solved now.
Thanks again!
Catty~

I dont no way

Post by Guest »

I dont anesatand engels
Iwont picololight-commander i dont no way
Ikspreek alleen Nederlands :D

Hugs Hanny