Curve panel causes crash on PSE 15

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
CheckerCan
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Curve panel causes crash on PSE 15

Post by CheckerCan »

Hi, here a little bug report: using the curve adjustment layer with PSE15 causes a few time now a crash e.g. freezes Elements, so that I have to kill the task in the task manager. Also the new curves like Saturation, CYMK etc. won't appear anymore.
The 2nd little bug is that the upper apply/cancel buttons on the left of the puppet warp window doesn't work.
One little bug regarding LayersXXL, the style settings dialog on the left are still in English except "Fülloptionen".
(ElementsXXL4.0, LayersXXL1.52, PSE15 German, Win10 German)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Curve panel causes crash on PSE 15

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please let me know the steps for making the Curves adjustment layer crash. I need to be able to reproduce it.

The CMYK and Saturation curves are only available in the Curves Filter and only appear for RGB
images.

Unfortunately there is no workaround for the Puppet Warp problem. Please press the Enter key to apply it.

Thanks for letting me know about the Style Settings problem in PSE 15. It will be corrected.

CheckerCan
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by CheckerCan »

Hi, unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the crashes by myself. One crash I remember I've made some adjustments and than switched to the classic panel and continued adjusting. Finally I've closed the panel and PSE has been frozen. But I couldn't reproduce it. Well, I'll try it more and let you know if it occurred again...

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Classic Curves, which are a hidden feature of Photoshop Elements itself, are a bit buggy. ElementsXXL already blocks some Classic Curves dialog interactions to avoid crashes, but it could be that Classic Curves gets more buggy with every new Photoshop Elements release, which requires more fixes.

I recommend that you try to avoid the Classic Curves dialog and stay with the Curves dialog of ElementsXXl.