Elements XXL: Perspective cropping/morphing doesn't work

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
Sempervivum
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Re: Elements XXL: Perspective cropping/morphing doesn't work

Post by Sempervivum »

I agree that transparent regions at the left and at the right cannot be avoided when adjusting the vertical lines. And a transparent region at the bottom would be OK. But unfortunately on top a small region is cut off which should not be. I do not understand these effect on top and at the bottom when adjusting the vertical lines only.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You can use the Move tool to move the image and make the parts at the top appear again. The image is rotated in 3D, so it is normal that parts at the top or bottom vanish. Perspective Crop maps the first warp grid onto the second warp grid. It is not just a perspective correction.

Sempervivum
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Sempervivum »

The move tool works fine, thanks for this hint.
It seems to me that the aspect ratio is falsified when warping or that the image is compressed (gestaucht) in vertical direction . Have a look at my screenshots and focus on the arches (Bögen) at the bottom of the building.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Yes, but the towers are stretched too and did not keep their original proportions. The Perspective Warp tool is probably not always the most intuitive tool for perspective correction. You could try to adjust warp grid to get the original proportions back, but I think it is easier to use the Free Transform tool afterwards to stretch the image vertically.

I now fixed the Color Balance localization and also added a ruler detection for more precise results when rulers are displayed. I will send you the updated version in a few minutes.

Sempervivum
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Sempervivum »

That's fine, thanks for the support and your patience.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I cannot find an order with your forum email. What name did you use for ordering? If you did not order yet, please get the newest trial version again from the Download link at the top. You can install over the old version.