Photoshop CC 2014

FilterHub specific discussions
carljh
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Photoshop CC 2014

Post by carljh »

After installing PS CC 2014, FilterHub no longer works. It no longer appears in Extensions and clicking on it in Automate causes PS to crash. Seems as usual, Adobe have changed the way things work without consulting plug-in suppliers.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Photoshop CC 2014

Post by HaraldHeim »

Yes, Adobe disabled all flash extensions in Photoshop CC 2014, including the FilterHub extension. But the FilterHub automation plugin still works in Photoshop CC 2014 under Windows according to our tests.

I got another crash report for FilterHub in Photoshop CC 2014 under Windows 8. Do you also use Windows 8?

carljh
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by carljh »

Hi Harold,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am running Windows 8 on my laptop and this is where it crashed the last time I tried to open it but it works ok through Automate on my PC running Windows 7. Would be good to be able to dock in the Panels as in the earlier version; is this a possibility in a future update? Have the same problem with OnOnes PhotoSuite.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Ok, I will check out FilterHub under Windows 8 in Photoshop CC 2014 closely.

I think it should be possible to add an empty HTML5 extension window and make the FilterHub automation plugin use it for supporting docking. This will only work for Windows. For the Mac FilterHub would have to be rewritten as a HTML5 extension, which would almost be like programming it again from scratch.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The FilterHub crash only occurs in the 64-bit version of Photoshop CC 2014. There is no problem with the 32-bit version of Photoshop CC 2014. I will see that I can fix it.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

There is a FilterHub update available now that fixes the problem.