Problem with OnOne after WIN8 upgrade

FilterHub specific discussions
andrewlep
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Problem with OnOne after WIN8 upgrade

Post by andrewlep »

Hi,
Firstly thanks for a really useful add-on.

I installed FilterHub on my Desktop & Laptop in WIN 7 64/Photoshop 6. Everything worked OK.

After installing upgrade to WIN 8 on both machines I had to copy a file (onOneSuiteCheck.dll) into the Photoshop CS folder to get OnOne working again in WIN 8 after report of "The activation Library could not be located -200"

This has got OnOne Suite 7 working again from the OnOne Extention and the Automate option however Suite 7 fails to open properly from FilterHub. It seems to start by 'flashing' up a new window then immediately returns to Photoshop.

Other Plugings - All Topaz & Nik - are still working from FilterHub.

I have tried to correct the problem by uninstalling FilterHub using Adobe Extension Manager - then restart and close Photoshop (FilterHub has gone) then reinstall FilterHub.

I am wondering if there is some type of 'info' that is saved from the previous installation of FilterHub which is maintaining the problem after re-install as my Favourites return to the FilterHub menu?

Any ideas?
Andrew

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Problem with OnOne after WIN8 upgrade

Post by HaraldHeim »

Did OnOne Suite 7 work from FilterHub under Windows 7?

I had a similar problem with OnOne Suite 6, when I did not allow it to connect to the internet. But then it also did not work from the File > Automate menu. Could this be the problem?

andrewlep
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by andrewlep »

Hi Harald

Yes OnOne Suite 7 was working fine in Windows 7 64 with all my add-on plug-ins and regular Photoshop Filtes etc.

I unauthorised PS CS6 before upgrading (using save settings) to WIN 8 PRO 64.

I re-authorised CS6 after the install. I have an Internet connection at all times.

I can confirm that all the OnOne plug-ins are working when opened from the Automate menu option. This seems to confirm thatthe OnOne Suite is still registered.

As I mentioned before, the plug-in seems to 'want' to start when using FilterHub - as a new window opens for a split second then disappears.

The only odd thing I noted was that my 'Favourites' folder in FilterHub was still populated by my selections even after an un-install and re-install of FilterHub using the Photoshop option.

I wonder if this has an influence?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

FilterHub runs plugins similar to the Action panel. So if it work from the Action panel, it should also work from FilterHub.

Can you please record an action with a Suite 7 filter and then run this action (with displayed plugin dialog) from the action panel. Does it work this way? If not, please reinstall OnOne.

The Favorites tab in FilterHub has no influence.

andrewlep
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by andrewlep »

Thank you for your quick reply.

Things seem to be working again having followed your advice :D
Incidentaly I discovered another problem before the corrections were made. Nik ColorEffects 'froze' CS6 when launched from FilterHub. Again the plug-in worked fine from the normal menu.

I tried your idea of making an action for Suite 7 for several Plug-ins. They didn't run fully. The Plug-ins opened - ran - but didn't show the changes when control returned to CS6!

This was my process that appears to have sorted everything out. Maybe it will help anyone else is in the same position.

1: I uninstalled FilterHub using the Photoshop utility
2: I unistalled Suite 7 using Program Manager
3: Re-started computer
4: Opened Photoshop and confirmed the above un-installs
5: Reinstalled Suite 7
6: Re-installed all Nik Plug-ins as a precaution
7: Opened CS6 with an image and ran all Plug-ins 'normally' to ensure they were working and if any registrations were need
8: Closed CS6
9: Installed FilterHub
10: Open CS6 and run Plu-ins from FilterHub..... Success!

Incidentally, Topaz Plu-ins seemed unaffected.

I hope I'm not speaking too soon but it appears to be sorted :)

Thanks again for your help and the development of a very useful tool.

Regards
Andrew

PS: I will update if I discover anything else

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Good to hear that it work for you now. It seems upgrading Windows without reinstalling the OnOne and nik plugins caused the problems.

You would not have needed to reinstall FilterHub. FilterHub has no issues that can be fixed by reinstalling it.