Questions from a novice

ContrastMaster specific discussions
JefDB
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Questions from a novice

Post by JefDB »

Hello ContrastMaster people,
My name is Jef, I live in New Zealand, and just bought ContrastMaster.
While I am very impressed with the plug-in, I must admit that I am flying blind at the moment... I mean... I have gone throught the manual and the forum, but don't seem to find an in depth explanation about the nature of
the Dynamic, Adaptive and Local algorithms. I am quite familiar with Photomatix, and suppose that "Local" is related to the Detail Enhancer tonemapping algorithm... but I would like more insight in the workings of
the different options... rather than just having to play around with the different sliders until an OK result is achieved.
Is there any published material available that can answer my questions?
As an aside, I hope that the 64bit version will be available in the not too
distant future...
Regards, Jef

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

ContrastMaster uses other algorithms than Photomatix, but the results are sometimes similar.

I will try to provide more information about the three algorithms with the next ContrastMaster update. My own experience as their developer is that my knowledge does not really help me much in using them, because they can produce different results depending on the image. So I think trying them and observing what the options do will give you a better idea about them.

A 64bit version will certainly become available this year.

JefDB
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Living in Hope

Post by JefDB »

Vielen Dank Harald,

Looking forward to both extra information and 64bit version... I'm living in hope...

Jef