Halo effect with CM

ContrastMaster specific discussions
camner
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Halo effect with CM

Post by camner »

I used CM on a photo at the beach with a person in the foreground against the sand and ocean. I used "novice" mode and chose the Preview that I thought looked best. After running the full filter and getting back to Photoshop Elements 6, I noticed that there was a bit of a "halo" around the figure. CM seemed to change things differently about a fixed pixel offset away from the edge of the person. Is this expected behavior, and how does one correct for it?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

One of the three Contrast effects may cause this. Please set each of the Dynamic, Adaptive and Local sliders alternately to zero and see if one of them causes the problem. If this is the case, please set it to zero or a low value. I suspect that the Adaptive effect is causing the halo.

You can also try to remove the halo by adjusting the appropriate effect in Expert Mode or one of the other modes.

Alternatively you can also try to mask out the halo by going to Expert Mode, choosing the eye dropper tool at the top, clicking in the preview and moving the appropriate Color slider on the Mask tab sheet to the right.

camner
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by camner »

Thank you. I'll try that.