saving multiple previews?

B/W Styler specific discussions
janders1957
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

saving multiple previews?

Post by janders1957 »

Running BWStyler 2.0 from LR3 (Edit In). I have 3 preview windows, but when I like a preview and select OK to save, I only get the one preview screen that was active. Is there a way to selectively save more than one preview screen at a time? I say selectively as only sometimes will I want to save more than one. But since Styler closes down when I click OK, it's a pain to reopen via the Edit In from LR3. Especially since this is a slower computer....

Otherwise, very happy with this!

Regards,

Jon

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: saving multiple previews?

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Preview tab sheets are only meant to experimenting with different effects. As you pointed out it is only possible to apply the effect of the active tab sheet. To apply effect variations at the same time in BWStyler, please make duplicates of an image in LR and select all duplicates before running BWStyler.

Theoretically it would be possible to make BWStyler save the effects of more than one tab sheet (e.g. by adding a checkbox to each tab sheet to activate it for saving), but I am not sure if Lightroom would notice the new image files.

janders1957
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: saving multiple previews?

Post by janders1957 »

I did find that when I reopen B/W Styler, all the presets from the last session are still active for all tabs, so while a touch more time consuming, at least I don't have to try and remember what combination of effects I'd applied to the other version I liked. I will however, try making and opening multiple copies and see how that works out.

Thanks!