b/w styler 1.02 upgrade

B/W Styler specific discussions
sgroarke
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

b/w styler 1.02 upgrade

Post by sgroarke »

Hi!

I have upgraded from 1.01 to 1.02. I think... That's the question, actually!

PSE6 + Vista. Upgrade to 1.02 ran OK, but then I see both 1.01 and 1.02 installed. So from Control Panel uninstall 1.01. Again, that ran OK.

Now from PSE6 I can drop in to BW Styler just fine, but how can I ascertain for sure I'm now running 1.02, not an old 1.01? Is there an "About..." or something like that?

Thanks,
Sean

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

When you select the B/W Styler on the Filter menu, the menu item should say "B/W Styler 1.01" or "B/W Styler 1.02". So I do not quite understand why you are not sure which version you are using.

If Version 1.01 if still present, please remove the file BWStyler101.8bf from your plugin folder.

sgroarke
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by sgroarke »

Harald

Thanks for the clarification. So from what you say the version shown via the menu entry is effectively the version number extracted from the underlying item, rather than a possibly cosmetic menu label.

That's great - I thus know that I *am* running 1.02.

Suggestion for enhancement: then installing a new version it offers the option of uninstalling the older version?

Just a detail, though. I love the product anyway. :-)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I do not think that the installation software offers the option to run uninstallations of previous versions. But I will think of something...