Psychedellic Breakfast?

Comments and discussions about Plugin Galaxy
Ann
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Psychedellic Breakfast?

Post by Ann »

First, I just want to say Thank You! to Harald for responding so quickly to my query about getting my OS X version of Plugin Galaxy.

Now a question: Is the "Breakfast" filter by any chance influenced by the Pink Floyd song, "Alan's Psychedellic Breakfast?"

Marmalade. I like Marmalade.

-Ann

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Nice question!

I didn't even know that such a song existed. I was a bit young when Pink Floyd had their greatest successes. Anyway, I'll look out for it in my favorite online music store.

No, actually the names comes from the shapes of the effect patterns. One reminded me of a egg box, so I thought I give the other effects names that relate to breakfast items :-).

Ann
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Ann »

It must be one of those cosmic coincidences then.

The "song" is the final track on their 1970 album Atom Heart Mother (their experimental period). It's more of an instrumental accompaniement to a guy Alan (I believe roadie, perhaps) eating breakfast with breakfast sounds like bacon popping on the grill, running water, and commentary about breakfast such as "marmalade, I like marmalade."

I thought it fit the psychedellic quality the effects had perfectly, and because there was one filter called "Wall" I figured there was probably a Floyd connection for sure!