Photoshop CS4 crashes after Light Machine Demo Installation

LightMachine specific discussions
poppit11
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Photoshop CS4 crashes after Light Machine Demo Installation

Post by poppit11 »

I am working on an iMac w/ OSX Snow Leopard. I installed the demo version of Light Machine last night, and since then I have not been able to open Photoshop CS4 at all. It crashes immediately. Additionally, I cannot find where the plugin was installed in order to remove it.

Any assistance you can offer in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Heather

P.S. I also reinstalled first Photoshop on it's own, then Creative Suite 4 in its entirety to try to remedy this problem.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry to hear about your problem.

The LightMachine plugin is installed under Applications/Photoshop CS4/Plug-Ins/LightMachine/. Please delete the LightMachine folder and its files to remove it from Photoshop.

If Photoshop is still crashing after removing the LightMachine plugin, there must be another cause. So far we never heard of such a problem, so it could also be a coincidence that Photoshop kept crashing after LightMachine was installed.

poppit11
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by poppit11 »

Thank you for your prompt response. Turns out it wasn't the Light Machine Demo that was making it crash... I also installed the PhotoFreebies at the same time. After I read your response, I tried removing those plug-ins and now it is opening without a problem.

Probably wouldn't have occurred to me without your message (for whatever reason... I was CERTAIN it was the Light Machine Demo). So thank you again for getting back to me so quickly.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I will see if I can reproduce the crash problem with the PhotoFreebies and fix it. Do you use a PowerPC or Intel Mac?

poppit11
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by poppit11 »

I use an Intel Mac.