Need help with Light Machine Color changes.

LightMachine specific discussions
Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Need help with Light Machine Color changes.

Post by Don »

:-?
How is the change of dress colors (demonstrated on the Plugin Site) done ?

Was some sort of masking used ?

Are there additional tutorials available ?

I'm using Photo Shop 7 and have tried every combination of sliders etc..
As this was demonstrated on the Plugin Site's web pages I know it can be done. Maybe I'm just to old to learn new tricks.

:oops:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I think I was using the four "Color Replace - Blue to ..." presets for the dress example. To open these presets you just need to click on the arrow-down button at the left of the Mode combo box in LightMachine.

See the "Changing the Color of an Image Object" section of the LightMacine manual at
http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/p ... bystep.htm
for detailed instructions.

Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Work using blue but !

Post by Don »

:o
Water lilies a Jpeg sample that I have (don't know where it came from) was easy.

How ever Blue Hills another Jpeg (shouldn't work) has some of the same problems that I ran into with my original picture. As it is all shades of blue a person would not expect to make much head way.

How ever in my original problem picture the back ground, various items and surroundings changed also. I was trying to change a red dress to blue.

Because the whole picture appeared to be effected, I tried to make sure there was no red shift by using color washer first. This did not help. Can color washer even recognize a red shift ?

Faces were turned blue, ground was turned blue and other items.

All of the software works phenomenally well for correcting pictures, I just wanted to do something fancy.

:wink:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

There are some images that have a color distributed all over the image or have the color in various objects in the image. With such images your only choice is to manually create a selection or mask.

I just sent you an email. Please send me your image by email and I will see if it works or if you need to use a selection or mask.