Lightmachine Auto Mask Displays in 16bit

LightMachine specific discussions
archipel
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Lightmachine Auto Mask Displays in 16bit

Post by archipel »

I am running LM 1.0b in Photoshop CS3 for 16bit images on a layer. When activating the Shadows or Highlight previews, the respective areas are not made transparent -- switching to 8bit does the trick. Is this a bug or I am doing something fundamentally wrong?

I am also looking at similar issue for the spots under Virtual Studio Pro, but I will have to get back to you on that.

Thanks

Andy

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You mean the S and H buttons, right? Are you refering to the Win or Mac version of LightMachine. I just checked the Win version and it works there.

archipel
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by archipel »

Yes, S and H buttons on Win XP platform. For some reason they do not work for me.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Strange. Maybe the problem only occurs with a certain setting. Please click Reset and then try again. Does it work now?

archipel
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by archipel »

Thanks, Harald. Reset does not help. The strange thing is that the N and P buttons work...

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Do you have the Lock Transparency icon activated in Photoshop's Layers palette? That would explain your problem.

archipel
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by archipel »

The transparency icon has been always unlocked. If I switch from 16bit to 8bit the behavior is as expected. Beats me.

archipel
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by archipel »

I did flatten the 16bit image, then had a side by side comparison with the same flattened image converted to 8bit. Then, did apply LM to both but to the respective background layer and it works identically for both H and S buttons... So the issue must be related to a layer setting/quirk in 16bit. I am running CS3 10.0.1.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Another possibility is that you changed/deactivated the transparency display in the Photoshop preferences. But then you would not see a chessboard pattern for any transparent image area in Photoshop.