Achieving "Vibrance" with LightMachine

LightMachine specific discussions
Brian Smith
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Achieving "Vibrance" with LightMachine

Post by Brian Smith »

Lightroom, DXO, Bibble, and perhaps other programs now have a control for adding "vibrance" to a photo. I have been trying to simulate this with Light Machine, but without success. Is there some way of achieving this with LightMachine?

If not, I think that this would be useful feature for a future upgrade.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your suggestion. As far as I know Vibrance is just another term for Saturation. So the Saturation slider of LightMachine may do something similar.

I will have a look at these applications and see what vibrance does.

Brian Smith
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Brian Smith »

Separate sliders are provided for Vibrance and Saturation. The effect of Vibrance is quite similar to Saturation, except that skin tones are not affected. In a photo that contains faces, the saturation of the background can be adjusted without disturbing facial coloration.

It really works quite well in Lightroom and Bibble, but unfortunately a plugin (which doesn't seem to exist) is required for Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop Elements. The Portraiture plugin works just the opposite. It adjusts the face but leaves the background relatively untouched.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

LightMachine is even more versatile. If you do not want to increase skin saturation you can choose the "Protect Red" or "Protect Yellow" options from the Saturation combo box. There are also options for protecting other color areas.