More presets?

LightMachine specific discussions
Plant Scientist
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

More presets?

Post by Plant Scientist »

Harry,

I find time and again that the presets included in the LightMachine installation often produce better results, and more sophisticated, than either the novice mode, or my own painstaking experimenting. In fact, the best approach has often been to apply a preset, and then make minor adjustments to it.
So here is a request: can more presets be made available? Please? It would be nice to find out which presets users in general use most, by the way (I use shadow removal and polarizer presets the most).
My greatest preset wish is for correction of overactive flash : subject in the foreground is "flattenned out", background is drowned in shadows, often with a diferrent color cast.
Backlighting presets would be nice too, wouldn't they?

Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Most presets in LightMachine come from corrections that I made for certain images. Each image needs unique settings for the best possible correction, so it is quite hard to find more general presets that work for a larger number of images. But I plan to do some research in that direction, which may lead to new and more automatic working features in a future version of LightMachine.

The idea for backlighting and flash compensation presets is nice.
I will keep these ideas in mind for the next update. If you have created some LightMachine plugins of your own, it would be nice if you could send them to me.

Thanks for your feedback!