LightMachine....

LightMachine specific discussions
mehdi
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

LightMachine....

Post by mehdi »

Hi, harry,
you shoud provide a "getting started" tutorial for Light Machine, to help people in hurry to achieve quickly results they have in mind.
For example you will explain, how to replace a specific into an other one.
(it took me a half hour to understand that)

Post by Guest »

He already promise this a long time before but until today I haven't seen anything. I also find it very difficult to work with it and get in Photoshop better results. :-?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

How about looking in the LightMachine manual? The Step-by-Step page contains dozens of detailed instructions on how to achieve various things in LightMachine. See http://thepluginsite.com/products/photo ... bystep.htm

There are also a lot of presets that you can use as a starting point. If you use the simpler modes first, you will also have less problems if you use the Pro modes later.

LightMachine is certainly not for people who want to achieve quick results and are satisfied with an average correction quality. You need a bit of patience when working in LightMachine, but you are rewarded for that with results that can't be achieved with Photoshop's tools in most cases.

Post by Guest »

ok, Harry, i missed that...
but you know sometimes people like to read things fast, and "step by step" is not a "standard title". Most of software use the title "getting start" in their help. I can't find any other reason why i missed this in the help.
Also if they where some pictures in your "step-by-step" it would be easier to read....
I would have put an index of the content at the top the page.
Also there's an error, in your explanation about Changing the Color of an Image Object:
it is C-Color, not S-Color.

Also it would be good if you put a page in your help, a page that explain what's the purpose of your product.( presentation)
Don't believe, that's useless...
in a word:
Focal Blade is a sharpening programm--->ok
Color Washer ---> alow you to correct color cast ---> ok
Light Machine ---> more than a sentence!

cheers

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for the thint. I will fix these small mistakes on the Step-By-Step page with the next update.

I think the product pages are the right place for describing the product and not the manual. I don't think anyone will look at the manual without having visited the product pages. If you look at the Modes page of the manual you can read what effects the product can do.

mehdi
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by mehdi »

hi Harry,
i don't think that people will retain (and understand) everything when reading your product page. You should provide a presentation page on your manual, also as a reminder. It has also a psychological effect. When you buy for example a walkman you may buy it because it has "dolby C". Now you'll be probably a happier customer if after buying the walkman , you can read in the manual that it has a "dolby C", and why this so good, etc...

Also, from what i know you plugins are often distributed in CD magazine, and i don't believe there is in this case a "page product" description.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Ok, I'll think about it. Thanks for your concerns!

minstrel
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Lighmachine status.....

Post by minstrel »

Greetings,

As a registered owner of 'lightmachine' I often check the forum...and...it's a bit too quiet. Any updates in the works?

minstrel

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I have a few ideas on improving LightMachine. Maybe there will be an 1.01 update of LightMachine at the end of October or November.

If you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

Guenter Diel

suggestions for improvement

Post by Guenter Diel »

Hello!
HaraldHeim wrote:I have a few ideas on improving LightMachine. Maybe there will be an 1.01 update of LightMachine at the end of October or November.

If you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

It would be very useful to handle the contrast, brighness ect. of the midtones
separately.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for the suggestion. I already thought in a similar direction some time ago.

Adding such a feature would mean changing a lot of controls and some parts of the main concept. So such a feature is nothing for a small update, but suited for a major upgrade, e.g. Version 2.0.

minstrel
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

LightMachine 1.01

Post by minstrel »

Greetings,

Thanks so much for the LightMachine update. Very productive inhancements!

minstrel