Saving Masks in LightMachine?

LightMachine specific discussions
handfp

Saving Masks in LightMachine?

Post by handfp »

Hi,

I've just downloaded the demo of LightMachine, which I found very impressive.

I was wondering if there is a way of saving out the masks created by the software to allow further processing of the shadow/highlight areas of an image outside of the plugin?

Keep up the good work!

Frank Hand

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Yes, you can use LightMachine as a pure masking plugin. I planned to include some instructions for that in the manual, but the time was too short.

There are two possibilities:

1. Dublicate the image on a layer, run LightMachine, activate the S button, adjust the sliders and press OK. As a result you will have the shadow areas on a layer. You can do the same with another layer and the H button to have the highlight areas on another layer. I would neverthless advice you to keep the background image, because some areas may be transparent on both shadows and highlight layers.

2. Activate the P button in LightMachine and press OK. That will give you the shadow/highligh mask. You can then use it as a layer mask by copying it into the layer mask channel.

Afterwards you can still use LightMachine's Brightness/Contrast (Pro) mode on the layer(s) that you created with the help of LightMachine.
Last edited by HaraldHeim on Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

handfp

Post by handfp »

Hi Harry,

Many thanks for the prompt reply. The solution was so simple! I have just ordered LightMachine.

Regards,

Frank