FocalBlade DeBlur Pro is awesome!

FocalBlade specific discussions
John Ferguson
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

FocalBlade DeBlur Pro is awesome!

Post by John Ferguson »

Have enjoyed using FocalBlade and ColorWasher for a few months and just found FocalBlade's DeBlur Pro mode...needless to say I am blown away! It increases DOF and really helps bring some of my blurry shots into focus. Be sure and use the black and white halo adjustments for best effect. Wow...if you haven't tried it, give it a whirl...thanx Harold!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for comments, John! What kind of images do you process with FocalBlade's DeBlur mode?

John Ferguson
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Indoors low light

Post by John Ferguson »

I use a Canon 10D and take lots of photos indoors. To avoid the harshness of flash, I use a fast aperture 50mm F1.4 lens and available light. This is a great lens but at 1.4 the depth of field (DOF) is very, very shallow. Even when the focus is spot on, one eye can be in focus and the other slightly out of focus. Indoors, shutter speeds tend to be slow which is a recipe for slight motion blur or shake induced blur (tripods are not always handy). Using the DeBlur Pro and adjusting the halo sliders seems to almost double my DOF and significantly reduce the other problems as well, making shots that I thought should be deleted into nice prints.

Thanks again for a great product! I know you are busy, but puleeze expedite getting ColorWasher to work in 16 bit mode. Once that is done, I'll be 16 bit mode from RAW conversion through print.

Sincerely,
John

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

John, I'm also using a 10D and recently got a 28mm F1.8 lens. I only had one occasion so far to use it. Shooting dancing people indoors. Although I had to switch the ISO up, many of the photos were rather motion blurred (because of the fast movements), but there were still some good ones.

ColorWasher will work on 16 bit images soon. I estimate that it should become available by the end of February. But can't give any promise.

YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Re: FocalBlade DeBlur Pro is awesome!

Post by YLChin »

John Ferguson wrote:Have enjoyed using FocalBlade and ColorWasher for a few months and just found FocalBlade's DeBlur Pro mode...needless to say I am blown away! It increases DOF and really helps bring some of my blurry shots into focus. Be sure and use the black and white halo adjustments for best effect. Wow...if you haven't tried it, give it a whirl...thanx Harold!
May someone tell me where to find the ' black and white halo adjustments.'

Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

There are Black Halo and White Halo sliders on the Fix tab sheet in FocalBlade, but only in one of the moe advanced modes, e.g. in Expert Mode.

YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by YLChin »

HaraldHeim wrote:There are Black Halo and White Halo sliders on the Fix tab sheet in FocalBlade, but only in one of the moe advanced modes, e.g. in Expert Mode.
Yes, Sir, I can see them now & will do it when I am free.

In fact I had just done my photo without the B/W Halos, they still look so much better than the original.

FocalBlade is a very good way to do the DOF---cheers

YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by YLChin »

HaraldHeim wrote:There are Black Halo and White Halo sliders on the Fix tab sheet in FocalBlade, but only in one of the moe advanced modes, e.g. in Expert Mode.

In fact I had just done my photo without the B/W Halos, they still look so much better than the original.

YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by YLChin »