colour shift when using Focalblade 2.01

FocalBlade specific discussions
Matterhorn
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

colour shift when using Focalblade 2.01

Post by Matterhorn »

HI I'm using windows 7 64 bit with Focalblade 2.01 in Photoshop CS5 and have noticed a pronounced colour shift on the sharpened portion of the image in Focalblade. I would appreciate your help in understanding what is happening and seeking a 'cure'. Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: colour shift when using Focalblade 2.01

Post by HaraldHeim »

There are various options of solving this problem:
- Reduce the overal sharpening strength, e.g. with the Fade slider
- Reduce the surface sharpening strength. Reducing the value of the Equalize slider may also help.
- Use the Resaturate slider
- Use the Color Protection feature to protect the color that was shifted

If you could send me the image, it would be easier to give you more detailed instructions. You can contact me at http://www.thepluginsite.com/about/contact.htm

Matterhorn
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Matterhorn »

Thank you for your prompt reply. I needed the images for a competition so removed the Focalblade layer and sharpened with Photoshop Unsharp mask. I have used Focalblade for years and was most surprised to come across the colour shift problem. I have tried to recreate the problem and failed!!! At least I can return to Focalblade with confidence. I have followed your advice and have found it most helpful. Thanks again!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The color shift problem that sometimes occurs with certain images can be avoided by switching the image to 16-bit/channel. FocalBlade works more precise then, so it does not occur.

We will make FocalBlade use 16-bit precision internally (even for 8-bit images) in a future update.