DxO Optics Pro Integration

FocalBlade specific discussions
MikeA01730
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

DxO Optics Pro Integration

Post by MikeA01730 »

Hi,

I now use DxO Optics Pro for my post processing to go from Canon raw (cr2) to jpeg. I like the product a lot, but it doesn't do much in the way of sharpening. I'd like to use FocalBlade to sharpen, but I'm not sure how to set up the work flow.

Right now I use DxO to go directly from cr2 to jpeg, with no PhotoShop (usually) or other processing. I'm thinking that with FocalBlade I'd use DxO to go from cr2 to tif, and then use the Standalone FocalBlade to batch process the tif files to jpeg. I'd back up the cr2 and jpeg files, and the FocalBlade project (or whatever it's called) file, but not the tif files.

Does that make sense? Are there better approaches?

Thanks,
Mike

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: DxO Optics Pro Integration

Post by HaraldHeim »

Your DXO Optics/FocalBlade workflow sounds fine. You do not need to backup the intermediate TIFF files if you have no use for them. You can save the used FocalBlade settings as a preset file and backup this preset file.

For the fastest processing you should not use any compression for the TIFF files. That temporarily requires more hard drive space, but saving and opening the TIFF files will be a lot faster. There is also no real advantage in making DXO Optics save the TIFF files as 16-bit/channel, so you can use 8-bit/channel TIFF files.

If you need a certain feature added to the FocalBlade standalone that would simplify your workflow, let me know.

MikeA01730
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: DxO Optics Pro Integration

Post by MikeA01730 »

Harald,

Thanks for the detailed reply and the offer.

Mike