Sharpening on a layer

FocalBlade specific discussions
Bill Terrance
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Sharpening on a layer

Post by Bill Terrance »

I upgraded to Focalblade 2 a few weeks ago and have found the programme excellent. The new features of halo reduction and colour unsharpening are particularly useful and I find that there are fewer artifacts when using agressive sharpening. In general the auto sharpening does a good job but a further feature which I would find useful would be to place the finished sharpened image automatically on a seperate layer in Photoshop. This would allow a final fine tuning of the image. I find this an excellent feature on the NIK tools. Although I do sharpen on a seperate layer I sometimes forget to create this and end up having to go through the sharpening process again. If this did not suit some users maybe a preference could be created so that the user could choose.
Thanks for an excellent product.
Bill

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

We consider adding such a feature in future.

If you forgot to creat a new layer, you do not need to got through the whole sharpening process again. You can save your settings as a preset and open the preset again after creating a new layer. Alternatively you can apply FocalBlade to the image and undo the effect again in Photoshop. FocalBlade will then open up with the last used settings.