Folcalblade and Photoshop CS5 mac

FocalBlade specific discussions
dv8or
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Folcalblade and Photoshop CS5 mac

Post by dv8or »

I have just installed CS5 on my mac and copied the Focalblade files across but the plugin doesnt seem to work with CS5. Is there a new version available?
Marc

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

FocalBlade for Mac is only available as a 32-bit version at the moment. Photoshop CS5 starts in 64-bit by default. So in order to make FocalBlade appear in Photoshop CS5, you need to click on the Photoshop icon in the Photoshop folder, choose File > Get Info from the menu and activate the "Open in 32-bit mode" check box. After that the 32-bit version of Photoshop CS5 will be started and FocalBlade will appear on the Filter menu.

dv8or
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by dv8or »

Hi harrold - any chance of the plugin being released in 64 bit? I prefer working in 64bit for obvious reasons and to keep flipping between 32 qand 64 is not practical....

Marc
HaraldHeim wrote:FocalBlade for Mac is only available as a 32-bit version at the moment. Photoshop CS5 starts in 64-bit by default. So in order to make FocalBlade appear in Photoshop CS5, you need to click on the Photoshop icon in the Photoshop folder, choose File > Get Info from the menu and activate the "Open in 32-bit mode" check box. After that the 32-bit version of Photoshop CS5 will be started and FocalBlade will appear on the Filter menu.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

We are working on FocalBlade 2 for Mac, which will include a 64-bit version.

dv8or
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by dv8or »

Great - any idea when its likely to be released?
HaraldHeim wrote:We are working on FocalBlade 2 for Mac, which will include a 64-bit version.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I have no definitive release date yet.