Focal blade Ver 2 Auto Sharpening

FocalBlade specific discussions
Jstar
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Focal blade Ver 2 Auto Sharpening

Post by Jstar »

I recently installed Focal Blade version 2 on my computer. I also have version 1.07 on my computer. I am using Focal Blade with Adobe Photoshop CS4 32 and 64 bit version. When I sharpen images with version 2 they appear nosier than with version 1.07. I think this is because version 2 does not automatically adjust the radius slider like version 1.07 did. The radius slider always stays at a value of 1. When I copy the values for sharpening amount and the radius slider values, I get from version 1.07 into version 2 the sharpened images look about the same. With version 1.07 the radius slider would change depending on the image and the image size being printed (8x 10, 13 x 19, etc.). I have gone back to version 1.07 because I liked what focal blade would use for the radius slider and I would adjust the sharpening amount (more or less sharpening). Version 2 images usually appear nosier because this slider stays at value of 1.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You can set the Reset button to "Version 1 Defaults" on the Prefs tab sheet in FocalBlade 2. Or right click the Reset button to choose this option. However, this will not influence the used radius, but produce a more similar result to FocalBlade 1.

We will think about adding the FocalBlade 1 auto sharpening logic as an option in FocalBlade 2.02. Thanks for your feedback!

In the meantime you can also save your own FocalBlade 2 presets for certain print sizes with the settings from FocalBlade 1.