It was a good product until...

FocalBlade specific discussions
jdonner

It was a good product until...

Post by jdonner »

...you stopped supporting people with 64 bit Photoshop.

Obviously you're a Mac user who is quite aware that Adobe never released a 64 bit for OS/X. It seems to me that you're waiting for CS5 64 bit to be released for the Mac, before Windows users can benefit. Discrimation is what I call it...sigh

Sorry, we as a company don't have that much time to wait so I'm sadly to inform you that we have moved to a company that does offer a 64 bit version of their sharpening plugin.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry to hear that you switched to another product. The 64bit version of FocalBlade is near. The reason why it took longer is that we want to release it together with Version 2 which contains a lot of new improvements.

Actually we are more Windows based. We released more FocalBlade updates for Windows than for the Mac.

A poll and the 64bit versions of our other plugins indicate that interest in 64bit versions is not so high. I understand that a few people do not want to use the 32bit version of Photoshop because of the slightly less peformance.

As you already switched to another product I guess it makes no sense to put you on the beta program which would give you access to a 64bit version of FocalBlade.

JCALVERT
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

FocalBlade 64bit beta program

Post by JCALVERT »

I am interested in the beta program, how do I join?

Also, when Version 2 is released what new features will be included.
Will it be accompanied by other products also with a version 2? If so which ones?

Thanks
Jim Calvert

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I just sent you an email, Jim.

There are approx. 50 improvements in FocalBlade 2. Apart from the 64bit version, probably the biggest improvement will be the speed increase. FocalBlade 2 will run between 10 to 100 times faster depending on the used settings and processor.

We plan to offer 64bit versions of the remaining three PhotoWiz plugins after FocalBlade 2 is out.

JefDB
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Beta testing

Post by JefDB »

Hello Harald,

I am interested in beta testing Focal Blade ( and Contrast Master, once you get that far )... is it possible to get on that wagon ?
Jef

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I'll get back to you in time, Jef.

CloggieUK
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by CloggieUK »

Hi,

I've asked on several occasions about the 64bit version of Focal Blade and so far I haven't seen any updates.

My workflow is fully 64 bit and have had to resort to using an alternative plugin instead.

I really used to like the results I achieved with your plugin but it just took too long to get an update.

I see you are running a Beta programme.

Would I be able to join the Beta programme so I can make an informed decision as to stick with my current plugin or switch back to Focal Blade when available?

Regards,

René

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Ok, we will release FocalBlade 1.06 including a 64bit version next week as the demand seems to be high. That will give us more room to work on FocalBlade 2.

We will also release 64bit versions of all remaining PhotoWiz plugins at the same time.

lvthunder
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by lvthunder »

I would like to be a beta tester too even though I just bought the 64 bit upgrade.