Any plans for a 64bit version

FocalBlade specific discussions
lvthunder
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Any plans for a 64bit version

Post by lvthunder »

I am using FocalBlade and want to know if there is a 64 bit version in the works. My new 50D makes pretty big files so I'm upgrading to a computer that has at least 6 GB of RAM and I'd like to use CS4 in 64 bit mode.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The current 32bit version of FocalBlade can already work with 4 GB of RAM under 64bit Vista, although it only needs a few MBs of RAM for processing images of any size. That's because it only processes images tile by tile. As even 32bit Photoshop can handle image files that are larger than the available RAM itself, you could still process incredible large images with the 32bit version of FocalBlade.

But I understand that performance with such huge files is better with 64bit. We are already working on a 64bit version of Focalblade.

Ron
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Ron »

Last night my Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate crashed while loading a standard image in Focalblade plugin. I'm using the 64bit version of Vista Home Premium, 4GB of RAM in the machine. Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate runs alright on it, but trying to load Focalblade freezes it and then it crashes. The Focalblade version I'm running is the older 1.04. I have no other problems with this machine, all runs smooth as silk.
--
Ron

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You need at least Version 1.04b or better the latest 1.05 to run it under Vista.

Please contact us at
http://thepluginsite.com/about/contact.htm
with your order details to get the latest version.

Ron
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Ron »

Aha, thanks Harald. I'll contact you soon.
--
Ron

Ron
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Ron »

OK, a message was sent with the link to this topic.
--
Ron

Ron
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Ron »

:D The update works like a charm, no more problems!
Thanks again!
--
Ron

JCALVERT
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Confirming Focalblade with CS4 64bit

Post by JCALVERT »

Hello Harold,
I am not sure about what I read in the above messages.
1) I am running Vista 64bit with 8GB of ram and 64 bit CS4,
So will the 32 bit version of Focalblade 1.05 actually work ( but somehow degraded)?
2) If it does & so then I purchase it, will the 64bit version be a free upgrade when it arrives?

Thanks
Jim Calvert

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

FocalBlade 1.05 only works in the 32bit version of Photoshop CS4 under Vista 64bit.

A 64bit version will come together with FocalBlade 2.

If you purchase FocalBlade now, you will get Version 2 for free in case the price has not been raised. That is because we give the new versions to people who purchased the old version six months brefore the new version was released. If FocalBlade 2 will cost more, then you will only have to pay the difference. So you do not lose anything if you order FocalBlade six months before a new major release comes out. FocalBlade 2 will certainly not need six month before it comes out.