All plug-ins produced by the plug-in site

FocalBlade specific discussions
Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

All plug-ins produced by the plug-in site

Post by Don »

:P
I would like to suggest that a person be able to enlarge a portion of the image while in FocalBlade or others. This enlargement to allow a closer view of what is happening.

I often have to complete the process and then back-step in PhotoShop then try again because the actual finished project cannot be viewed in the little view window (not large enough to see actual sharpening).

Perhaps a click and drag square that can be enlarged to the size of the working window or 200% or so.

Thanks,

Don

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You can enlarge the FocalBlade window by clicking on its border and dragging. That is what you need to do for enlarging all windows under Windows.

It is also best to view the image at 100% in the preview to see the sharpening effect. At other zoom percentages you only see an approximation of the actual sharpening. That is also true for the image in Photoshop itself, because at zooms other than 100% the sharpening gets visually smoothed away.

Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

What ?

Post by Don »

:roll:
I don't understand your answer ? The Picture that is shown in focal blade is only 4.5 " x 4.5" max. In a small or large image this reduction is major. I can't see any real detail of the sharpening until I apply it to the image and look at it in Photoshop.

When focal blade is completely covering my monitor the center section shows the image I'm working on, that is what I'm talking about. I would like to enlarge 1/4 of that square to full size of this preview section.

When I'm working on a complete image this is to small to see the fine details that I need to see.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Do you mean you want a 400% zoom in FocalBlade? Sorry, but I am also not quite sure what you mean.

Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Any zoom even 200 % would work

Post by Don »

:o :D

I would like to zoom into an area in the focal blade preview.

Thus to see more accurately the actual sharpening.

An example would be to make a square in the preview window and then do ctl - + to enlarge that portion. 400 % might be over kill but I don't know if this can be done.

I usually view the image after processing at actual pixel size. How ever there is times that I go one or two ctl - + actuations to confirm content.

Thanks,

Don

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

In FocalBlade you can zoom in and out with the + and - buttons at the bottom and the combo box inbetween. You can enlarge up 100% which shows the actual pixels. To scroll the image in the preview please hold down the right mouse button and drag.

Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Thanks 1

Post by Don »

:oops:

I tried various size files 1 Meg, 12 Meg jpegs, and now understand.

I was working with small M pixel and sub M pixel files and they don't get bigger than actual size.

I was wanting to blow up th see the edges etc., in the image. Most of my pictures that need sharpening are from older lo resolution cameras.

Thanks again,

Don