ColorWasher Crash

ColorWasher specific discussions
DBKettrey
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

ColorWasher Crash

Post by DBKettrey »

Hi, Harald. I'm using ColorWasher 3.10 as both the Photoshop plugin and as the Standalone. The ColorWasher plugin is installed in three versions of Photoshop: CS5 64-bit, CS5 32-bit, and Photoshop Elements 11. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with almost 8 gigabytes of RAM. My computer is current with the latest Microsoft updates. I've just discovered some things that cause ColorWasher to crash. The crashes affect both the Standalone and the plugin versions in Photoshop.

The crashes occur when I make certain settings with the Contrast (%) slider or the Auto Contrast dropdown list under the program's Brightness Tab Sheet. Selecting 'Off' or 'Manual' in the Auto Contrast dropdown list causes the Standalone and the plugins (and Photoshop) to freeze in place. This also happens if I move the Contrast (%) slider to 'Off'. When the plugins crash, I have to use the Windows Task Manager to force Photoshop to close.

All other settings and adjustments of the Contrast functions seem to work fine. I'll just have to remember not to turn off the Contrast functions in any way. In all other areas ColorWasher is perfectly functional.

Thank you, Harald!
DB Kettrey

DBKettrey
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Re: ColorWasher Crash

Post by DBKettrey »

Harald, here is another thing I just discovered about the ColorWasher crashes: the crashes do not occur if I first click on any one of the 5 'Auto' buttons on the Cast Tab Sheet before using the Contrast controls on the Brightness Tab.

This is, at least, an easy way to bypass the crashes.

Best regards!
DB Kettrey

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for letting me know. I managed to find the problem and fix it. There will be a new update soon.

DBKettrey
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by DBKettrey »

That's incredible, Harald. You software geniuses never fail to amaze me!

Thank you!
DB Kettrey

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The problem is caused by the multi core support in ColorWasher 3. So if you activate "Multi-CPU Off" on the Prefs tab, it goes away, but ColorWasher will render much slower. This will not be necessary anymore with the next update.

DBKettrey
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by DBKettrey »

Duly noted, Harald! Thank you!
DB Kettrey