Problem with Colorwasher v2.04

ColorWasher specific discussions
EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Problem with Colorwasher v2.04

Post by EricG »

I have updated to version 2.04 and sometimes get an error message appearing that states "Integer(zero-)divide error".

Anyone know what might be the cause (and remedy)?
EricG

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Hi, Eric. When does this error message occur? Immediately after running ColorWasher or when doing something in ColorWasher?

DBKettrey
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Re: Problem with Colorwasher v2.04

Post by DBKettrey »

EricG wrote:I have updated to version 2.04 and sometimes get an error message appearing that states "Integer(zero-)divide error".

Anyone know what might be the cause (and remedy)?
Harald & Eric, I had a similar error message just the other night when I was using ColorWasher. I was cycling through the different cast-types in the Cast Type Combo Box. The error message appeared only when I reached the Green cast-type. After closing the error message, the program appeared to do it's thing normally. It may be noteworthy that this was the first time such a message had ever appeared when using ColorWasher, as I had cycled through - and used - the Green Cast Type numerous times before without problems.

My theory is that it's just my computer's way of saying, "It's time to restart me!" When glitches start showing up in various programs, restarting the computer often solves the problems.

I'll see if the problem comes up again, then I'll restart my computer. I anticipate that will solve the problem, but I'll know for sure when it happens.

Regards! DB Kettrey
DB Kettrey

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Basically you can just ignore the error message, because it does not cause a real problem. You do not need to restart your computer. That will not really help.

It is a bug that I will try to eleminiate with the next update. As it occurs only seldom it will probably be hard to find, but I am confident.

DBKettrey
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by DBKettrey »

Thanks, Harald. And good luck. You're right that restarting the computer wouldn't work.

Last night, I had a badly yellowed old Polaroid snapshot in ColorWasher. As before, I was cycling through the Cast-types to see their effects on the photo, but the error message didn't pop up when I reached the green cast-type like before....it waited until I clicked on the AUTO 5 button this time. Nonetheless, bug or no bug, ColorWasher has done me a lot of good!

DB Kettrey
DB Kettrey

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

This problem is fixed now.

EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by EricG »

Hi

This problem is not fixed on my PC. I have just opened a jpeg file and when I clicked on Auto 5 I got this same error message. It doesn't occur when using Auto 1,2 3 or 4.

I am using ColorWasher Version 2.04 on Windows XP Home Edition SP3.
EricG

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Eric, I just sent you download instructions for ColorWasher by email. Please install it over the old version and let me know if the problem vanished.

EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by EricG »

Hi

Sorry, but I have lost the link. For some reason your email went into the spam folder and got zapped.

Could you send it again and I will then be able to mark up your emails as legitimate and not spam.
EricG

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Done.

EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by EricG »

Thanks for the fresh link. I have installed the latest version and all now seems to be working correctly apart from a set of three jpeg files that still show the problem.

I am beginning to think that these three files might be corrupt somehow so I will keep an eye on things and come back to you if I get further problems.
EricG