ColorWasher crashes CS

ColorWasher specific discussions
Bobster2

ColorWasher crashes CS

Post by Bobster2 »

I just bought ColorWasher and I'm afraid there is a problem already. :cry: I was playing with the feature that lets you click the right mouse button over the preview window to see the original image. Then I happened to click the right mouse button while the pointer was over in the lower right gray part of the plugin window, somewhere below the cancel and ok buttons. The pointer changed to "busy" for few seconds and then up pops the message saying that that Photoshop CS needs to close now. The crash is reproducable, but only when the pointer is in the lower right gray area.

I also have a suggestion. When I click the right button over the preview, the view changes to show the original image but the histogram does not change. It would be great if the histogram could also toggle to show the original image.

Thanks

Bobster2

Post by Bobster2 »

Let me clarify my last post. The ColorWasher window is expanded beyond its default size when the crash happens, either full screen or big enough to create a fairly large empty gray area in the lower right corner below the controls.

Thanks.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I'll see if I can reproduce that.

The histogram isn't updated if your right click on the preview, because there is no effect calculated. Anyway, I will try to add that detail.

Bobster2

Post by Bobster2 »

Almost a month has gone by. Have you made any progress in seeing if you can reproduce it?

The problem is actually worse than what I reported earlier. I thought I could avoid the issue by keeping the ColorWasher window at a small size and not using the right mouse button. Unfortunately I accidentally clicked the right mouse button when the pointer was over the into palette area, Photoshop crashed and I lost everything I was working on.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry to hear about that. I was able to reproduce the problem. It only occurs if you right click on a blank dialog area right after you changed the preview zoom.

As noone else complained about it and you seem to have that problem quite often I can try to fix the problem within the next two days and send you a fixed version of ColorWasher. You can then use that version until the next update is available. But I need your full name and email address. So please contact me at http://thepluginsite.com/about/contact.htm

Also remember to save everything in Photoshop after each major processing step. That can save you a lot of problems sometimes.