Lightroom - Photowiz Demo Not Uninstalling

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
DavePSB
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Lightroom - Photowiz Demo Not Uninstalling

Post by DavePSB »

I downloaded and installed the PhotoWiz Demo because I was interested in FocalBlade. I installed the plugin version in Lightroom 2015CC, and it seemed to work - ie, from the Lightroom menu I could go Photo/Edit In/Focal Blade Demo, use the GUI, and save the watermarked edit.

After testing, I have now purchased both the stand alone and plugin version of Focal Blade. I uninstalled as per the emailed instructions (which need to be updated by the way). The only way I could do it was to go to Windows 7 Control Panel, Programs and Features, and Uninstall both the PhotoWiz Plugin and Photowiz standalone. There were not any individual uninstall options (ie, there was no Focal Blade listed, just PhotoWiz).

This seemed to sort of uninstall stuff, but when I go to Lightroom, the demo plugins are still listed under the Photo / Edit in menu item. There are no errors when you, for example, Edit In / Focal Blade Demo. It does not open the Focal Blade GUI, but creates a .tif copy.

Anyway, I have not installed my purchased version of Focal Blade yet. Please get back to me and tell me how to remove the demo plugins from the Lightroom menu, and whether it is safe to install my purchased version now. Thanks!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Lightroom - Photowiz Demo Not Uninstalling

Post by HaraldHeim »

You are right. The installations for the latest versions were changed to be compliant with Windows 10. The instructions are now updated. Thanks for letting us know.

Actually the uninstallation should have removed the Lightroom menu entries. Seems it did not work on your system. So here are some instructions for manually removing them:

1. Go to
c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\External Editor Presets\. Replace <username> with your user name.

2. Delete the files in this folder that have the word "Demo" in it. This will remove these entries from the Lightroom menu.

DavePSB
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: Lightroom - Photowiz Demo Not Uninstalling

Post by DavePSB »

Excellent. All working now.