PhotoWiz: the colour skin suggestion

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
DDR
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

PhotoWiz: the colour skin suggestion

Post by DDR »

I think all the plugins of PhotoWiz should have a dark grey skin of the working field as that of ColourStyler, Photoshop, and Lightroom. At least, optionally (if someone will like to remain with white skin.

In most cases, when developing a picture, dark grey background of the editor (not absolutely black but namely "dark grey) makes the work most comfortable. For now, just Colour Styler has such a background skin. (I may not found the option how to change the background colour. I apologize if so.)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: PhotoWiz: the colour skin suggestion

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for the suggestion. All PhotoWiz plugin will be skinnable in a future update.

DDR
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by DDR »

HaraldHeim wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. All PhotoWiz plugin will be skinnable in a future update.
Fine! That's good idea to embed the same skin choser as that of Colour Styler. Photos should watched in comfort, especially if for much, much time of the development... Waiting for the update (even if payable).

DDR
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by DDR »

HaraldHeim wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. All PhotoWiz plugin will be skinnable in a future update.
I also tried Galaxy Plugin Demo. It is great in general, because I now have no sad need to generate snowballs, rain, and other effects manually, by many (bad controlled) steps with the originally Photoshop tools. I liked to purchase Galaxy 2 which is accessed now. But... The same problem with the skin.

I do not know about the commercial version of Galaxy 2, but the Demo version has also a bright skin which cannot be changed. Such a bright skin makes some trouble with the work with tiny colours and effects, wherein each tone and contrast difference is important.

What to do. I suggest:

Option 1. It maybe change the fixed colour of the skin to Photoshop Dark (in terms of the current skins of Colour Styler), which is most comfortable to work with colour and contrast.

Option 2. To embed, into Galaxy 2, the same sking choser as that of Colour Styler (preferable).

I am not an expert in software development, so having no idea how long time is needed to make it: a few minutes, a few weeks, or a few years... I therefore would like to know the valuable opinion of the developer, Harald Heim, about this subject. I just like to manage my time about Galaxy Plugin to purchase. Thank you for further reply.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The skin option will be added in future version of Plugin Galaxy. It is not just done with placing the skinning code in Plugin Galaxy. It has to be tested if there are drawing problems and these have to be fixed. Additionally several other things may need to be updated to make the skinning work perfectly.

Alternatively under Windows you can change the background color of all windows, but it looks ugly with the white tab sheets of our plugins. It looks better if you switch all windows to classic view, but then the UI does not look so good. There are neat dark themes for Windows, but these require a system patch, which may cause a problem if you are unlucky.