64 bit versions

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The 64bit version of FocalBlade will become available first, probably within the next months. Second will be ColorWasher. Our other products will follow.
Last edited by HaraldHeim on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CloggieUK
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by CloggieUK »

So we are now another five months on... Is there any more info when V2 is going to be released as I am tired of having to use the 32 bit version of Photoshop. My Lightroom is also 64 bit and exporting photos to Photoshop has to be done via a workarond which creates huge Tiff files for every photo exported.

I really need FocalBlade to work in 64bit CS4...

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

A 64bit version of FocalBlade will still be released this year. As far as I know even if you use the 64bit version of Photoshop, a tiff file will be created by Lightroom. So there will not be any real difference.

CloggieUK
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by CloggieUK »

Well that is where you are wrong. Exporting from 64 bit lightroom to 64 bit Photoshop with the native "open with" does not generate a Tiff file unless you save in Photoshop. So you can work on a RAW file, pp it and save it as a final jpeg without generating the Tiff file.

So in my case and probably many other people, V2 can't come soon enough. Promises have been made since last year. We are now living September and still no update.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You can make Lightroom 64bit run Photoshop 32bit with the following registry change:

1. Go to Start and in the Search box type either regedit or regedt32 to open the Registry Editor

2. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe

3. The keys in the right pane of the Registry Editor should read something similar to the following:
Default C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Photoshop.exe
Path C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\

4. Right-click each key, select "Modify" and change them to the following:
Default C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Photoshop.exe
Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4

5. Click File > Exit to save and exit the Registry Editor.

To change it back to 64bit Photoshop you need to set back the key to what is written in Step 3.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

64-bit versions of all PhotoWiz plugins are now available.