FRED MIRANDA MORIE

Comments and discussions about plugins that can used in Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, CorelDraw and other applications
Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

FRED MIRANDA MORIE

Post by Don »

My new computer is up and running. now have installed most of my plugl-ins (but not all as some did not work) .

Fred Miranda's Morie actions used to work with Photoshop 7 and Windows XP.

However the only one of the many Actions that I purchased from him that I still want
doesn't seem to work or is not even recognized by Photoshop CS3.

His help page only ask for donations and has no method or link to follow up.

I installed the ATN file where he said to install it but nothing is shown in Photoshop.
I tried to install it one level up but still no help.
Unzipped it again and tried both of the above but still nothing.

Does CS3 use Actions ?
Am I putting it in the wrong place: Adobe Photoshop CS3 ->Presets ->Actions :( ?

Is there a Plug-In that works with both luminance and chroma settings to reduce Morie artifacts ?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: FRED MIRANDA MORIE

Post by HaraldHeim »

Action files need to be opened from the menu of the Actions panel. If you open it, it will also show in Photoshop.

Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: FRED MIRANDA MORIE

Post by Don »

Thanks !

I tried to reinstall them and this time it worked ( :oops: can't figure out what I did wrong before) !

I compared FM Morie reducer to Nik Dfine 2.0 and Nik does a better job most of the time.
It is more adjustable but there was some pictures that Fred's did a precipitable better job
on (very few).

I understand from some articles on the Internet that Fourier transform method works very well. It would be nice to have an all in one plug-in that does chroma, luminance and have optional Fourier methods for this process.

I have looked :o for some thing on the Internet and as yet haven't found any thing that has more than one option.