Adding Third Party Plug Ins To Premiere Pro

Comments and discussions about plugins that can used in Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, CorelDraw and other applications
yomama01
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Adding Third Party Plug Ins To Premiere Pro

Post by yomama01 »

I acquired some third party plug ins, that have the Premiere Plug Ins symbol on them, when I am in Windows Explorer.

When I put them in the Premiere Plug Ins folder, they are not put into the video effects list, when I have Premiere Pro open and running.

I tried to put one effect, as a test, directly into the folder that has standard Premiere Plug Ins, and then when I opened Premiere Pro, the following message box came up..."The ordinal 406 could not be located in the dynamic library. PremInfo.dll"

What am I doing wrong and is there a way I can get these third party plug ins, into my video effects section, in Premiere Pro?

Thank You!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Are you sure these plugins work in Premiere Pro? Maybe they are just Premiere plugins, which don't work in Premiere Pro.

yomama01
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by yomama01 »

Harold...
Yes! You are correct.
After posting my question, I read further into some of the other video plugins post topics and realized that they are indeed, Premiere Plug Ins and not Premiere Pro Plug Ins.
Thank you for your help. I do appreciate it!

ymm01