please help with 8BF 56 KB for PSCS6

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Mitch24
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

please help with 8BF 56 KB for PSCS6

Post by Mitch24 »

I have been tearing my hair out for 4 days now trying to get other plugins that work with Paint Shop Pro X5. I have just bought a new laptop with windows 10 as I needed more storage 2TB after purchasing Adobe CS6 master collection. My previous laptop was 1TB and started out as windows 7 then 8.1 then 10. I had Photoshop CS3 installed on it but had never attempted or thought about filters and plugins until I started using PSPX5. I also have a desk top PC as I generally leave my laptop at my mum's (after taxi driver went off with my last one!) After upgrading to windows 10 on PC I had lots of problems getting most of my previously used 8BF plugins to work with PSPX5 I done a lot of research and came across FM Patcher witch did the job for most of them but I did have to search and download the original zips again too but I was happy with that. Now I have my new laptop and have installed Adobe CS6 Master Collection I wanted to see if I could add all my 8BF plugins (I haven't tried it yet on my PC). I first tried to do it through the 64bit version trying firstly to put them in the PSCS6 plugins folder but they never showed so made another location through edit>plugins and then choosing another folder but still they wouldn't show. I then tried to install them into the 32bit version of Photoshop I had to choose the location again as putting them into the plugins panel folder in program wouldn't work either, but hay presto I got a good few of them working, but there are about 20 sets that don't work! I've had to do some more research and I have all the dlls installed and in the correct places. I have read all the various tutorials on here about plugins and came across the Plugin Commander but here I get lost as most of the plugins that don't work are 56 KB and all are 8BF I downloaded the free light edition to try it but I'm not sure if that's the right program as it didn't work?! My final and last resort was to disable DEP but it wouldn't allow me to do it for Photoshop 64bit or 32 bit but would allow me to do it for PSPX5. I don't want to disable it for always so I just disabled it for PSPX5 and tried some of the plugins that work on my desktop PC but not my new laptop but it still didn't work!! What am I missing? I don't want to give up at this point! PLEASE HELP! :-?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: please help with 8BF 56 KB for PSCS6

Post by HaraldHeim »

Try these instruction on disabling DEP under Windows 10:
http://appuals.com/enable-disable-data- ... indows-10/

Mitch24
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Mitch24 »

Thanks HaraldHeim
I have followed the instructions in the link but I get this message " An error has accured setting the element data. The value is protected by secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted".
I don't fancy going into the BIOS at this stage. As I was able to disable DEP for PSPX5 and it still didn't work I'm not sure of the chances of it working messing about my BIOS!
I would just like to clarify something first are the plugins I am trying to install are they FFL (they are all 56KB) I am not that technical!! If so should they have worked with the Plugin Commander Light or have I got it wrong?

Mitch24
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Mitch24 »

Thought I should mention that when I installed Plugin Commander Light Edition I got this error message after installation "PiCO Error 75: Path/file access error"

Mitch24
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Mitch24 »

Hi
Thanks for reply
I've already read this link in this post several times & I'm doing everything right.
I posted my original message on the Adobe forum site. I just want to know if I'm using the right FFL software or if I should try another program? Someone recommended Plugin Galaxy with a link to it and also the link on website about plugins, which I've also gone through several times. I'm interested in the Plugin Galaxy if it gets my old plugins to work & I don't mind paying for it I just have to wait a couple of weeks before I can purchase it. I'm just wondering which version of Plugin Galaxy and if you can guarantee that it will work?
Please no more links!
Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The 56K plugins are very likely Filter Factory plugins that require plugin.dll, which is part of Photoshop. Some web sites offer this file for download, but it is illegal to do so and to use it. As it is part of Photoshop, so you need a Photoshop license. The above link to the Plugin Commander tutorial shows how to convert these plugins to the 49K versions, which do not require plugin.dll. In both cases you have to switch off DEP, otherwise Filter Factory plugins do not work.

Plugin Galaxy 3 for Windows allows you to open and apply these Filter Factory plugins. It even produces a better image quality for some filters and also lets you apply them to 16-bit images. See here http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/p ... index2.htm