PPc OSX CS2 Alien Skin 5 Impact Not Showing Up

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
yetinine
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

PPc OSX CS2 Alien Skin 5 Impact Not Showing Up

Post by yetinine »

Hello, I've been reading through the forums here and it looks like I've come to the right place! At least I am hoping so, because I need some help.

I've got an issue with the Alien Skin Eye Candy 5 Impact plug-in not showing up in the filter menu after being installed into CS2. I am trying to install it on a PowerPC G5 with 10.4.1 OSX on it. I have tried to install it off of the disk I own from Alien Skin and from a .DMG Alien Skin tech support provided me with, both with the same result. Everything looks like it is where it belongs in the Plug-Ins folder but it just won't show up in the application.

Although he was nice enough, the Alien Skin support guy, was only able to suggest uninstalling, reinstalling CS2 and trying again with the Alien Skin .DMG he gave me. But once again, everything looks like it is where it belongs in the Plug-Ins folder but it just won't show up in the application.

So, has anyone else run into this that may be able to point me toward trying something else to get it to work? If not, the only other option I can think of is to try and locate another host program that I could install it into that would work on my G5 PPC OSX relic.

Thanks!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: PPc OSX CS2 Alien Skin 5 Impact Not Showing Up

Post by HaraldHeim »

Are you sure that Eye Candy 5 officially supported Photoshop CS2?

Did you try installing the CS2 9.0.2 update? I remember this update is required to support universal binary plugins. But I am not sure if Eye Candy 5 is an universal binary plugin.

yetinine
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by yetinine »

Yeah, the Alien Skin tech support guy said it was compatible, but that it was tricky getting them to show up. All he could really suggest to do was to uninstall CS2 and try again.

I also have a G4 PPC running CS2 and I've got the same filters running on it ok, so I know they work.

I'm not positive about the CS2 version, I will have to check. Since Adobe stopped releasing activation codes for CS2 owners, my boxed CS2 copy is no good and I had to install the version Adobe released online for free. I would imagine they would only put out the latest release of it but I will have to check.

Thank You

yetinine
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by yetinine »

You nailed it. Thank you so much. I only realized how much I actually use these filters until I couldn't access them.

I'd like to support you or your website as a thank-you. Your Plug-In Galaxy looks interesting and it looks like it would be compatible with CS2 but I usually just work with images in 8 Bits/Channel. Would I have to convert them to 32 Bit to get your Plug-Ins to work with them?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You mean the 9.0.2 update fixed the problem? Yes, Plugin Galaxy works with Photoshop CS2 and it supports images with 8 bits/channel like most plugins do.

yetinine
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by yetinine »

Yes, the update fixed it. I let the Alien Skin guy know what the fix ended up being so hopefully he can pass it along if this happens again to someone else.

Great, I will check out Plugin Galaxy.

Thanks again!