Filters Unlimited

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Songbird
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Filters Unlimited

Post by Songbird »

Recently I installed Aging Photo Filters and somehow my FU 2 does not work anymore, I am able to go in and look at them but it seems that somehow the open with has been changed to PS. I have uninstalled and re-installed them but with no change. They do not show up in PS or PSP, is their anyway to get these filters to work again.

It's like someone right clicked on them and told them to open with PS I know it was set to open under unknown application can this be fixed easily I am pretty computer smart but this has me in a tizzy as I use FU quite a lot.

Thanks in Advance for any help or suggestions,

Laurie

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Filters Unlimited

Post by HaraldHeim »

You mean that FU2 does not show up on the Filter menu in Photoshop anymore, right? If the FU2 plugin is installed in Photoshop's Plug-Ins sub folder, it should show up in Photoshop. Unless you use the 64-bit version of Photoshop, which does not support the 32-bit FU2 plugin. So you have to run the 32-bit version of Photoshop in order to use FU2.

Songbird
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Songbird »

Thanks for your reply,

I'm not actually using FU2 in Photoshop, I have been using it in Corel Paint Shop Pro X2, not sure you understood my question. Some was using my computer and changed what the filters open with they chose Photoshop and FU2 has become unusable in PSP I don't know how to change it back as it opened with an unknown program. I even went as far as restoring my computer to an earlier time with no change. I still cannot use FU2 filters.

Thanks,

Laurie

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sounds like you try to open FU2 from your desktop. But you can also run PSP X2 and then run FU2 from the menu of PSP X2.