HELP regards Filters Unlimited 2

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
WiredMarys
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

HELP regards Filters Unlimited 2

Post by WiredMarys »

Hello Harald, I hope you have an answer. You are my "go to " man on filters. I have discovered yesterday that the http://www.icnet.de website doesn't come up anymore.
Can't seem to find if there is a new website. Do you know if there is not going to be any more support for Filters Unlimited2? :cry:
Please say you know all about this. :)
Have a wonderful 2014. Thanks for a reply. Meg

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: HELP regards Filters Unlimited 2

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry I have no idea. Maybe it is only a temporary problem with the web site. I could also be that there is not active support for Filters Unlimited anymore. I heard from others that there is a problem with the Filters Unlimited plugin in the latest versions of Paint Shop Pro and that it was not fixed yet.

WiredMarys
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by WiredMarys »

I have PSP16 and have absolutely no problems there with it. Works great in the 32 bit version of Photoshop CC too.
A friend of mine just bought a new Win7 system and is trying to install her filters. She is having a hard time getting FU2 to install and asked for help. I looked back on my install book when I got my Win7 in 2011 and saw that I had trouble installing Filters Unlimited 2. I wrote that I went to the website and found a "fix" there that made it install just fine. So yesterday I was going to find that link for my friend and found the website doesn't come up anymore. I hadn't been there for a while obviously.
Thought maybe the word was out in the community of Filter creators regards what is going on. Sure hope they don't drop FU2 as it is a favorite of mine and many, many of my PSP friends and tutorial writers as well.
Thank you so much for the reply.

WiredMarys
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by WiredMarys »

Just re-read your note and re: "the latest versions" of PSP I wanted to add another comment. There was a problem beginning with an update of version 13 but that was a Corel problem not
Filters Unlimited. The fix had to been done with Corel. I also have PSP 14 and 15 on my system and Filters Unlimited works great in all of them.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Now, that the icnet.de web site is down for more than 50 days, it seems that it will be offline forever. So it looks as if there will be no more support for Filters Unlimited and no more updates. If someone knows something contrary, please let me know.

patara
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by patara »

The old site can be found on the Internet Archive WayBack Machine website.
http://archive.org/web/
I had a look and it was possible to bring up the fix for importing filters.

I found after unpacking Filters Unlimited years ago I never had to reinstall when moving to another machine. I just copied over my Unpacked folder into my normal PSP Plugins folder and it has always worked fine for me, including in PS CS6 and PSPX6.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If you are looking for an alternative to Filter Unlimited, have a look at Plugin Galaxy 3, which also runs Filter Factory effects and produces higher quality results. It can import .ffx files from Filters Unlimited, but does not support all Filter Unlimited effects yet.

patara
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by patara »

As it happens I installed the trial yesterday Harald after reading the newsletter. I tested it in PS 64 and 32 bit and in PSPX6 32 bit and I also imported some ffx files in the testing. It worked fine. I've never bothered to install PSPX6 64 bit so couldn't check that one. Although it is not supported I tried in PSPX but it crashed each time if I tried to use one of the supplied FF filters. It was OK with the supplied presets.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for letting me know about the problem! I just uploaded a fixed version of Plugin Galaxy 3 that does not crash anymore in Paint Shop Pro X3 and older.

patara
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by patara »

Harald I downloaded the new version and can confirm it now runs fine in PSPX. There was no crashing....Patricia