Mura Meister Copies

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
LyndaLBD
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

PSP X2 on a Vista 64 bit computer

Post by LyndaLBD »

I'm sorry to have to tell you this - but VISTA with PSPX2 64 bit processor - will crash. Period! It has something to do with the code in PSPX2, and that Vista is a memory hog. Many programs can't compete with Vista. I know, I was one of those that just couldn't believe it until it happened just one too many times. I converted my system from Vista back to XP. XP is so much better, and I haven't had any problems since I converted back. I don't like X2 either - there are serious flaws in it, that I just can't tolerate. So I'm still using ver 9, the version that the JASC folks developed before being losing their jobs at Corel. Corel took over and just messed it all up.
~Lynda LBD~
Stretch your imagination
and exercise your art!

gabbers307
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Problem with Mura Meister Copies

Post by gabbers307 »

I'm also experiencing problems with Mura Meister Copies. I have PSP X2 and Vista Home Premium with 2 GB RAM. I tried changing the DEP and adding my PSP in the exceptions but ran into the following problems after rebooting: IE browser won't work (Windows closes the program w/message about DEP settings) and the Mura Meister Copies still crashes my PSP X2. The only way I can get my browser to work is to change DEP back to "Windows and Services Only". Is there something else I can do? I really like my Vista and PSP X2. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Gloria

gabbers307
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by gabbers307 »

Never mind - I ran the Copies folder through FM Patcher and finally got it to patch the filter. I did receive a suggestion from a person I contacted and she suggested putting the Copies folder into Filters Unlimited folder. She said that is what she did and it works with Vista and PSP X2. She also told me that she puts any Mura's filters that aren't working into Filters Unlimited which seems to work and keeps PSP X2 from crashing. Thought I would pass that tip along in case anyone is still having problems.

Gloria

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Mura plugins are not of the FilterFactory-type, so you cannot use them in Filter Unlimited.

Setting DEP to "Windows and Services Only" is fine. That will avoid the DEP problem. Other than that you can only patch the plugin with FM Patcher. If both does not help, then there is a problem with PSP and/or your operating system.

wolfmaiden
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

What about the new Windows7

Post by wolfmaiden »

I am still having problems with the Mura plugins and some others one, and I have the new Windows 7, what do I need to do, to get my plug ins to work. I have friends who wants their christmas screensavers from me.
Wolfmaiden

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The DEP and FM Patcher solutions were already described in the previous posts of this thread. Please try them.

wolfmaiden
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

On the DEP

Post by wolfmaiden »

When I go to my control panel I don't see advance settings? Where can I find it?
Wolfmaiden

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

wolfmaiden
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

I really am trying here

Post by wolfmaiden »

When I open my Control Panel all I see is system and security, Network and Internet, Hardware and sound, programs, user account and family safety, appearance and personalization, clock, language, and region and ease of access. You say advance settings, you talk about DEP and the Patch and I do not understand, is there anyway we can talk on messenger?
Wolfmaiden

wolfmaiden
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Is there another way

Post by wolfmaiden »

Is there another way to paint shop pro picture animated without using Mura Meister till I can get this figure this out. Because I downloaded the patch but I don't know if I put it in the right folder, the page was not specific as to where you to put the patch. But if someone can help me with bypassing Mura Meister to getting the animated snow I would appreciate it, and tell me which folder to download that patch to.
Wolfmaiden

wolfmaiden
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

to gabbers307

Post by wolfmaiden »

Thank you so ever much, for days, I have been trying so hard to get my mura meister plug ins to work. Your advice worked, and I am no able to do what I wanted to do. Thank you. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. I am not sure where you are from. :D
Wolfmaiden

troyc
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Mura's Meister problems

Post by troyc »

aftertherain wrote:I had this problem also - but not at first (go figure??)
I ended up removing PSP from the DEP file - totally not sure where I got this info but it worked (and not at first - maybe needed a restart)
anyway go to
control panel/system/advanced sytem settings
under Performance click settings
and then Data Execution Prevention
Click "turn on DEP for all programs except for those I select"
go to your PSP program file and find the EXE - I just clicked around until the DEP accepted it - and click apply
I also added AS to this and anything else I eas having problems with.
Good luck!
I was trying to follow your instructions but kind of got confused when you say to to your PSP program file and find the EXE. By PSP program file do you mean the filter you are trying to load or what?

troyc
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Mura Meister Cloud and Copie

Post by troyc »

I am running PSP9 on Vista Home Premium, I just ran these files thru the FM patcher and finally got them both to work. I have been working with some mods from a PSP Master group and we have not been able to come up with a solution to get these to work for me. I just read one fo the post on this site so I tried the FM Patcher and it works. Wooo Hooo!!!!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I tried to contact the developer of Mura quite some time ago without sucess. So it does not look as if it will ever be updated.

gunsan
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Re: Mura Meister Copies

Post by gunsan »

I run old PSP 7.04 in Vista with 4Gb ram. Works perfect with Mura.
Gun Legler

Galleries

Digitalart: http://stop.to/gunsan/
Pet portraits: http://gunsan.webb.se/
Childrens portraits: http://barnbild.webb.se/

patara
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Re: Mura Meister Copies

Post by patara »

Mura filters work for me in PSPX6 on Win 8.1 64 bit. The Mura Meister set are the ones that need patching. Once they are patched they will work. Place the patched files into your normal PSP Plugin Folder or wherever you want to store them, making sure that PSP can find them.