Replacement for topaz Adjust

Comments and discussions about other products from The Plugin Site
annie57
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Replacement for topaz Adjust

Post by annie57 »

Hi there:

I recently changed computer systems from a PC to a MAC OSX, Version 10.4.11.

I used a program a lot called Topaz Adjust and really enjoyed it. I did not realize when I changed systems that this product would not be supported on my Mac. Now I am looking for something to replace it. I have downloaded the Auto FX software Demo-Mystical Suites. I like it but it is expensive when I compare it to Topaz Adjust that was only $50.

Does anyone know of a similiar program. I know of lucisart but again, it is very expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Anne

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Replacement for topaz Adjust

Post by HaraldHeim »

Have a look at our ContrastMaster plugin at
http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/p ... astmaster/

Its Dynamic Contrast effect produces a similar effect like Topaz Adjust and Lucis Art.

Lucis Art is not available for the Mac anymore. Does Topaz not support PowerPC-Macs anymore?

What application and version number of it do you use?

annie57
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by annie57 »

Hi there:

Thanks for your response. I downloaded the trial version of ContrastMaster and it is okay but not quite the same.

Topaz Adjust does work on the newer Macs. I contacted Topaz Adjust and they said that it would not work with what I have. It is a new computer to me but it is a few years old and I did not realize when I purchased it that finding software I would like would be such a problem! This is from their website for Mac requirements!

Mac
Intel-based Macs with OS 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6 (Topaz is NOT compatible with PowerPC processors - like G4 or G5.)
1 GB RAM minimum
Adobe Photoshop CS3-CS5 (32-bit and 64-bit), Adobe Photoshop Elements 6-9.
Apple Aperture 2 and 3, Lightroom 2 and 3, and iPhoto via Topaz Fusion Express

I have a Mac G5 OSX 10.4.11.

Thanks for your assistance.

Anne

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

If you have an Intel Mac, your Adjust license number should transfer over (if you have a problem, let Topaz know). Topaz never supported PPC Macs in the first place.

ContrastMaster and Adjust are low-cost alternatives to LucisArt, which, as Harald noted, isn't available for Mac as of this year and can't really command that price tag any longer in the face of all the new competition.
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

annie57
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by annie57 »

No, therein lies my problem! I do not have the Intel Processor. When I purchased this Mac, I did not know that finding compatible software would be so difficult. But, of the other hand, it is so much faster than the previous PC I had.

Thanks for your response.