Microsoft Word "HTML" documents

Comments and discussions about other products from The Plugin Site
anmldr
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Microsoft Word "HTML" documents

Post by anmldr »

I would like to find a way to remove all extra comments, hidden bookmarks that Word adds on it's own to HTML documents. I realize that I can open each document in Word and show the hidden bookmarks and then delete them and then save the document as HTML (filtered). But, I have hundreds of files that I am trying to alter. Can HTML Shrinker do this for me?

Thank you,
Linda

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Yes, HTML Shrinker Pro (http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/htmlshrinker/) can do that.

anmldr
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by anmldr »

I should have written "Pro" version. I am a registered user.

Can you give me suggestions for what settings to use to remove for instance the hidden "_toc...: and "OLE_Link" that are added by Word as well as any other Word added comments, etc.?

Thank you,
Linda

P.S. I have the transaction ID that was sent to me at my purchase if you need proof of purchase.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

At the bottom of File > Options > Comments you can find two MS Office related check boxes.

Concerning the _toc and OLE_link stuff, you will need to define your own rules to remove them.

zlatan24
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by zlatan24 »

If you have this problems recommend use this tool-repair .docx files,as far as i know software is free,it repairing .docx files and repaire docx document should not be a problem,if you have at least one copy of your *.doc document on corporate file server or somewhere else,tool for repair .docx files allows the user to recover corrupted files in .doc, .docx, .dot and dotx format, as well as *.rtf (Rich Text format),program allows to repair a docx file, repair .docx document, repair .docx damaged files and repair corrupted docx files,it can open your document in Microsoft Word format and attempt to recover any damaged file.

zlatan24
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: Microsoft Word "HTML" documents

Post by zlatan24 »

anmldr wrote:I would like to find a way to remove all extra comments, hidden bookmarks that Word adds on it's own to HTML documents. I realize that I can open each document in Word and show the hidden bookmarks and then delete them and then save the document as HTML (filtered). But, I have hundreds of files that I am trying to alter. Can HTML Shrinker do this for me?

Thank you,
Linda
I was in this serious situation and for me helped next program-how to repair word documents,which has free status as far as I know,it support *.doc, *.docx, *.dot and *.dotx, as well as files in *.rft (Rich Text) format,recover corrupted templates and documents in Microsoft Word format,program analyses your corrupted file and recovers the data from it,exporting of recovered content into a new document in Microsoft Word format,will see a preview window, showing the text, that was recovered successfully,displayed content as simple text without formatting,yet export recovered content into a new file in Microsoft Word format or any other text file.