Hypertyle

Comments and discussions about other products from The Plugin Site
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Although HyperTyle did fine when it was released, it is one of our low-sellers now. In contrast, our Plugin Galaxy product is still selling fine, although it was not updated for a long time. This makes clear that HyperTyle is only of interest for a small group of users, while Plugin Galaxy is attractive for a larger number of people.

I know some people are very big fans of HyperTyle, but it is not financially worth for us to produce a major update of HyperTyle. We may offer maintainance updates in future if there are some incompatibilities with new applications, but there are no plans to improve old features or add new features. Sorry.

DDR
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Re: Hypertyle

Post by DDR »

I found that HyperTyle Demo works only on 32-bit Photoshop. Is this true, or the commercially version works on the 64-bit one?

Painting-from-a-photo, as regularly made with DAP (Dynamic Autho Painter), is based on the introducing brushes. This way makes a photograph to be alike a real brush-painting. While concerning "photo-painting", we try to remain with the photograph but only introducing textured distorsions and something like this. In this way, HyperTyle would be useful instead of the many "home-made" manipulations with Photoshop tools.

If HyperTyle now is abandoned (the latest post on HyperTyle was placed on desk in already 2005), I guess it only works on 32-bit Photoshop. Isn't it?

Another idea how to keep HyperTyle alive for the closest time when the current 32/64-bit option to install Photoshop will be abandoned to only the 64-bit installation (no long time to wait, maybe just one year). I may suggest to produce a standalone HyperTyle so that it will still work for ever (we now can start even 16-bit applications on the modern machines).

On the other hand, if HyperTyle has so low sellings now as in 2005, this work is a waste of time, of course.

I only would like to hear the developer about the perspectives. Thank you.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Hypertyle

Post by HaraldHeim »

There is still only a 32-bit version of HyperTyle available.

The main obstacle is its 32-bit dll that opens the image files. Once that code is modified for 64-bit, it will be a snap to release a 64-bit version of HyperTyle. This code will be updated anyway when creating 64-bit versions of the PhotoWiz standalones, so it is only a question of time until a 64-bit version of HyperTyle will become available.

Apart from the 64-bit support a non-skinned resizable UI is another goal of a future update. Doing a standalone would be much more work and not really worth it.