importing plugins in after effects

Comments and discussions about Premiere, After Effects and other video applications
bcky1224
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

importing plugins in after effects

Post by bcky1224 »

I am using Adobe After Effects 6.0 on my Mac and I have plugins i would like to import. I cannot find instructions on how to do so. They are downloaded in the Plugin subfolder in the After Effects application folder. Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Some plugins may come with an installer as an .exe file, so you nee to run them and select the plugins sub folder of your After Effects folder during installation.

bcky1224
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by bcky1224 »

Hi Harald,

Thanks for your response! I ran the .exe file that came with my plugins and chose the AE plugin folder during installation, but once I reopened AE I wasn't able to find the plugins anywhere. My question is, how do I find the plugins to use them once I've installed them with the .exe file? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I've done exactly as you described so now I'm a little lost...

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The plugins should appear on a sub menu of the Filter menu. If they do not appear, it can mean that the plugin is not compatible with your version of AE. Maybe it only works in an older version or in another application.