null54
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Gimp PSPI bugs

Post by null54 »

• The preview is not scaled
  • No color dialogs
  • The filterCase field is not set
The first issue is the most critical and also the hardest to fix as GIMP does not seem to allow a copy of the current layer to be scaled in memory without being added to the image.

Although the plugin could make it work after checking the host signature by treating it like Photoshop 2.5 and scaling the preview itself.

The second issue is relatively easy to fix, the most difficult part would be the color space conversion but that may not be very widely used.

The third issue is a few lines to fix.

I hope it helps. :D

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Gimp PSPI bugs

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for the helpful post!

1. I do not think there is any plugin available that still supports Photoshop 2.5 or includes preview scaling by default. Adding some image scaling code is not difficult, but I guess the plugin would also need to update the filter record and would need to use a self-allocated image buffer for the scaled down preview image. This again would need many internal changes. As GIMP is not very popular among Photoshop plugin users I would not want to invest my time to make the plugin preview work correctly in GIMP.

2. Actually we fixed the color dialog problem in our plugins quite some time ago.

3. I am not sure if this causes any bugs in my plugins.

How about you fixing these Problems with the GIMP plugin host? Would be the better solution than asking all plugin developers to change their plugins.

null54
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Re: Gimp PSPI bugs

Post by null54 »

PSPI does not work is the latest version of GIMP on Windows, so most people would probably use XNView or another host that is more compatible anyway. :D