Photoshop Filters Host SDK

Comments and discussions about other graphics tools
cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Re: Photoshop Filters Host SDK

Post by cincirin »

Hi all.
We intend to extend our sdk to include multiple Photoshop plug-ins module (Filters, Automation, Import, Format). Therefore we completely changed our sdk, now called vsrPp_sdk. Is much easier to use in your application, and closer to Photoshop SDK. You must copy yours Photoshop filters in our Photoshop directory from package. Also a complete example on how to use vsrPp_sdk is included in new package, in cpp source file and binary build. You can test binary(win32) with command vsrPp_app "path to input jpeg file".
Enjoy :wink:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Wow! I do not know any other application or plugin host that supports automation plugins. You will need to emulate various Photoshop functions and filters to support automation plugins. Seems like a huge task to me.

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

Starting with vsrPp_sdk ver. 1.0.10987 our Photoshop host sdk has support for automation plug-ins. :wink: I know there are still some un-implemented PICA callback functions, but most of them are already done. Your feedback and requests are welcome :) In the meantime we will continue to grow up our Photoshop plug-ins host sdk.

errolw
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by errolw »

cincirin wrote:Hello everybody. We are pleased to announce that we have developed "Photoshop Filters Host SDK", which means that instead of a separate host, like Adobe Photoshop, IrfanView, GIMP, PhotoPlus, etc., you can run almost any Photoshop filter plug-in in your application ! (don't need separate host).
If you download http://pictomic.com/data/vsrcmdSDK.zip, and after decompress, in "bin" directory you will find a directory that is called PhotoshopFilters. Here you can put any filter you want to run in your application. Also in "testSDK.cpp" you will find an example of how to use this sdk.
I never heard of Photoshop Filters Host SDK but nevertheless it sounds very interesting and I will definitely give it a try. It is great that you do not need another host. Recently I set up a new website on a new web host and I will definitely use Photoshop Filters Host SDK and I am quite curious what it can do for my application.

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

@errolw, please note that our Photoshop host SDK (vsrPp_sdk) is now hosted here http://pictomic.com/data/vsrPp_sdk.1.0.11000-win.tar.gz. Also, you can download anytime new version available from here: http://dmmd.net/main_wp/visere-6-5/ This SDK allow you to run Photoshop filters (32 & 64 bits) inside your own windows application.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Support for 64-bit plugins in your plugin host is a great feature!

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

Thanks for your appreciation. However, any bad opinions are welcome :wink: we are delighted to fix them. Your feedback and requests are welcome.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I am using another plugin host in my Plugin Commander software. It is called Achroma and its development has stopped many years ago (I helped with testing it back then), so it has problems running some newer plugins. But I do not plan a major update of Plugin Commander at the moment, otherwise I may consider trying your plugin host and giving you more feedback.

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

I forgot to mention that our Photoshop host sdk (vsrPp_sdk) support 16 bit grayscale images. We'll add support for 16 bit rgb(a) images if you want it implemented. Also, as I wrote earlier in this post, vsrPp_sdk support many PICA callbacks suites for your Automation plug-ins.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Support for 16-bit/channel RGB images is certainly a useful feature.

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

Ok, we'll add support for 16 bit/channel rgb(a) images. The leading cause for which we have only supports grayscale was that we've used it for DICOM images, which are mostly 16 bit grayscale.

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

hii, can any please tell me where i can find a complete example code of Photoshop Filters Host SDK :)

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

i have downloaded vsrPp_sdk and one example code, :roll: but i am not able to understand, can you please give any complete example with the documentation.

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

Hi.
After you decompress the archive, you'll find in example/vsrPp_app.cpp the complete code of generated bin/Win32/vsrPp_app.exe.
If you look at include/vsrPp_sdk.h this header contain a small description of every functions from sdk.
Also if you run vsrPp_app.exe don't forget to copy in Photoshop directory all the filters you want to test.

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

hi cincirin,
Thanks for reply, i followed your instruction , i just paste some .8BF file in "Photoshop" folder. end then run it from the command prompt
>vsrPp_app.exe c:\TEMP\Baby.jpg

Then a Dialog box appeared "PLUGIN.dll" Not Found
after clicking ok , the application window displayed with the image.

After that i simply copied Plugin.dll from the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0.
(May be i had done the wrong thing), then its successfully displayed the A dialog box with all the Filter, but after selection it dose not apply filter affect over the image.

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

hi Harshit,
From what I understand, you are trying to test some proprietary Adobe Photoshop filters.
I don't know exactly whats' the problem with them, probably we don't have layer support, or else. I'll investigate more in near future.

What can I tell you I sure know that we tested many other filters developed by leading firms in this domain.
We tested all the filters from AlienSkin, http://www.alienskin.com/, both 32 and 64 bits (except BlowUp which is automation filter).
Also we tested almost all filters from AutoFX, http://www.autofx.com/
... And many, many other free filters over the internet.
And last but not least, most of free and demo from this site.

If you can tell me exactly the filter name proprietary of AdobePhotoshop, I'll try to resolve the problem, ... if I can :D

Also if you and other need help integrating our Photoshop host SDK in your application, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

:P hi..
you were right , i tried to plug prietary Adobe Photoshop filters, Now i have plug the other Photoshop filter plugin and that's work fine. Thank you very much. :wink:
Now i am converting that code to QT, after completion i will be share with you.

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

Hi.
I am glad that you managed to work with our software.
Now, I guess that you will try to port code in Qt ( framework by Nokia ), and not QT ( QuickTime ) :P
However what I want to say is that we have developed Visere, a cross-platform 2D and 3D software based on Qt.
Windows version of Visere 2D use this SDK for working with Photoshop filters.
But what you want to do is useful for other programmers, because we can not reveal the Visere code, because Visere is the core part for almost all other software developed by us.
In fact, that's why we developed the SDK, just to be used by other developers to integrate Photoshop filters in their applications.
So I wish you good luck, and feel free to ask us about issues that you encounter.

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt support.
I wish to integrate this in my application, where I wish to populate the list of filters in a menu. I do not need the code that you use for interfacing with filters. It would be great if you provide me an API which will return the list of filters present, so that one can select and apply the desired filter through another API.

Thanks in Advance.

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

Hi Harshit,
We already have an interface for selecting one filter from one category. (ie we already implemented the feature which you want, by grouping all filters from Photoshop directory in categories, and every category with multiple filters from which to choose). Through what you want, by returning a list of available filters, have no sense, because there may be multiple filters with the same name but in different categories. You can solve the problem quite simply by adding a field menu which is called "Photoshop filters" and if the user press this, you simply call our SDK.