Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Re: Paint Shop Pro 9 suddenly not working in Windows 10

Post by Leslie »

I'll give it a shot.
Thanks.
Below is the latest reply from Corel.
What do you think?

Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support.

Could you try installing the program in a new user account in your computer?
Just make sure it is an admin account.

This procedure checks if it there are problems with your current user account.
If the program works in the newly created user account, it would mean that your original user account has programs that is causing conflicts with PaintShop Pro.

Windows 7 and 8.1 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/hel ... er-account
Windows 10 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/ins ... windows-10

Daxter
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Daxter »

Leslie wrote:I'll give it a shot.
Thanks.
Below is the latest reply from Corel.
What do you think?

Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support.

Could you try installing the program in a new user account in your computer?
Just make sure it is an admin account.

This procedure checks if it there are problems with your current user account.
If the program works in the newly created user account, it would mean that your original user account has programs that is causing conflicts with PaintShop Pro.

Windows 7 and 8.1 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/hel ... er-account
Windows 10 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/ins ... windows-10
Yes this could be caused by a corupted profile. There is instructions on the net to swap everything to the new profile if this is the case.

Leslie
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Leslie »

I'll go google.
Thanks so much.

Leslie
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Leslie »

I created a new user account and all was fixed. I didn't try adding back the extra file locations, tho.

Is there a way to fix a corrupted user account?
I googled, but am scared to try, unless a system restore would work.Not that savvy.

I turned off my anti-virus (Emisoft) but that didn't help. Everything used to play nice together. I had 4 versions of psp installed, including psp7. Which still works fine.

Daxter
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Daxter »

A system restore would work if you have a backup date far enough.

With the corrupted profile it could be a number of things that has caused this, although you said your psp was still working although taking a long time to find folders on you pc which make me think you may have disabled "superfetch"? (A lot of sites say to disable this to make your computer faster)

Leslie
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Leslie »

I have stumbled on what I think is a fix with which I can deal.

As I was adding the psp folders back one by one, when I added Environments my b &b broke. I was checking it with each folder I added.
I added everything else, including the plugins, and all seems ok for right now.

Keeping fingers and pug paws crossed that it stays this way.

There are obviously issues with it, like adding file locations that don't stick. That's enough to drive me crazier than I already am.

Yesterday was a lost day, but at least things are tolerable now.

I appreciate the help and time everyone has taken to help me.

JeffL
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by JeffL »

@Dexter - I got PSP9 to install and work by disabling the Intel display driver as you posted (I also had to reboot first). You said to remember to enable it again. After I enabled it, PSP9 stopped working (Would not open). Was that suppose to happen?

What would the downside be in leaving it disabled.

BTW, that was on my Notebook computer that I bought this past November (HP with 8th gen I7). On my Desktop (Dell I5), which was originally loaded with Windows 8, but has been updated regularly all the way to the current Windows 10 April 2018 update, PSP9 has always worked. It does show a different Intel driver however, Intel HD Graphics. The Notebook driver is Intel UHD Graphics 620.

Daxter
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Daxter »

JeffL wrote:@Dexter - I got PSP9 to install and work by disabling the Intel display driver as you posted (I also had to reboot first). You said to remember to enable it again. After I enabled it, PSP9 stopped working (Would not open). Was that suppose to happen?

What would the downside be in leaving it disabled.

BTW, that was on my Notebook computer that I bought this past November (HP with 8th gen I7). On my Desktop (Dell I5), which was originally loaded with Windows 8, but has been updated regularly all the way to the current Windows 10 April 2018 update, PSP9 has always worked. It does show a different Intel driver however, Intel HD Graphics. The Notebook driver is Intel UHD Graphics 620.
Yes this was suppose to happen, if you follow these instructions: https://thepluginsite.com/forum/viewtop ... =20#p20499 it will make it work again.

Leaving it disabled may make some of your other programs look strange or act abnormally.

sgk
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by sgk »

Giving up on Paintshop Pro. It's buggy to the point where it's unusable. Constantly misbehaves or crashes. Giving up and spending a few days to get into Photoshop. This is just way to much frustration and wasted time to be worth it.

JeffL
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by JeffL »

It's finally working. I could never get past Registering Modules before today despite following the suggestions I found on the web. It worked on my Windows 10 tablet, and desktop, but not my HP Notebook. Today I applied a bunch of updates from the HP site on this 15 month old notebook. One of them was an update to the Intel HD Graphics Driver (version 25.20.100.6373). After it installed I thought I'd give PSP 9 another try. Lo and behold, after a few seconds at Registering Modules, the install completed and it worked. Happy Dance time.