KPT 3

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Mahogany
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

KPT 3

Post by Mahogany »

Can someone please tell me how I can get KPT3 to work.
I am using Windows7 64bit, Paintshop Photo Pro X3.

I can't even install it.
Is there a way? All my other KPT's work.

Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: KPT 3

Post by HaraldHeim »

Good luck. It could be that KPT3 does not run at all under Windows 7. If you install it under XP and then transfer the installed files to 7, it may work.

Another posibility is to use th XP-Mode of Windows 7 Pro/Enterprise/Ultimate. If you have another Windows 7 version, you could also install XP (or Windows 98, ME or 2000) in a virtual machine, e.g. by using the free VirtualBox software. Then you can run KPT3 in the virtual machine.

Mahogany
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Mahogany »

OKay. I am totally lost on all that you have explained. No idea what virtual machines, etc... are. I had KPT3 installed on my comp prior to this, but the motherboard died, so I can't get the files. I read on google somewhere, that it would work, if I had the files. Any idea where I can get them. Right now I can get setup to run at all and I don't have a comp with XP.

Thanks for any help

Mahogany
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Mahogany »

Just so anyone in my situation knows, KPT3 runs like a charm with Windows7 64bit, if you can manage to find it already unpacked. All you need to do is place the HUB.dll in your Windows / Root directory. The remaining files goes in your PSP / plugins folder. Restart your program and there it is. No gliches, no crashes. Works beautifully.

The only problem with Windows 7 and KPT3 is it won't allow setup to run.
P.S. I don't know how this works with Photoshop, because I don't have it.
For the record: I use Paintshop Photo Pro X3

Good Luck! and thanxs for the help.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Good to hear that it works.

The KPT3 installation is probably 16-bit, which is why it does not run under Windows 7 64-bit. But it might be possible to extract the file from the installation file with the right tool.

hollyredhead
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by hollyredhead »

Corel are now giving KPT filters with X4 and X5 - they are called Corel KPT now so I guess they bought it - you should be able to get the download and it installs automatically into the programme file

irish14500
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by irish14500 »

KPT 3 does work in Win 7 32 bit and on Win 10 64 bit as well as on my MacBook Pro in both Photoshop and an olderJasc program known as PaintShop Pro. The only problem I've seen with KPT3 is when running it on Photoshop Elements 4 and older. The trick to that is to undock the layers palette and it'll work fine. I have all KPT plugins running on both platforms.

Maureen
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Maureen »

Mahogany wrote:Just so anyone in my situation knows, KPT3 runs like a charm with Windows7 64bit, if you can manage to find it already unpacked. All you need to do is place the HUB.dll in your Windows / Root directory. The remaining files goes in your PSP / plugins folder. Restart your program and there it is. No gliches, no crashes. Works beautifully.

The only problem with Windows 7 and KPT3 is it won't allow setup to run.
P.S. I don't know how this works with Photoshop, because I don't have it.
For the record: I use Paintshop Photo Pro X3

Good Luck! and thanxs for the help.
KPT3 is a 32bit programme and should work fine in Windows 7/64/32bit. However, KPT will not run on any 64bit PaintShop Pro, only 32bit.

Install and add to the Plugins folder that PSP create for you. Open PSP, File, File Locations, find Plugins on the left then on the right click Add.........locate where the plugin is installed. They should work fine then.

irish14500
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by irish14500 »

The installer for KPT 3 is quite old and antiquated. Win 7 usually hangs at about 99% before kicking in and allowing the installer. It works well in Photoshop 7-CS6 on a WIn 7 PC as well as on a Win 10 64-bit notebook. I currently run all of KPT on the Win 7, XP, 10 and on the MacBook. Cheers-